Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Availability in Leixlip

Options
  • 24-03-2004 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

My brother has been trying to get a broadband connection into his house for the past few months.
    However, the biddies at Eircom are telling him that his number is not on their list of enabled lines.
    I know for a fact that the exchange in Leixlip is enabled, also my uncle is a line engineer for Eircom and he has tested the line. It Passed!.

Is there anyone living in Riverforest who has broadband from Eircom?

If so, it might help when I phone back to these guys.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Broadband IS FULLY available in Leixlip - from The Hill all the way to the FAR END of the far end..... how do I know? myself & my mates all live in leixlip & have broadband.....

what biddy is NOT telling you however is that in leixlip there is a SEVERE lack of available ports...... NOT cool.....

:::::: THIS POST HAS BEEN SURFED ON ::::::

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

[22:23:50] [@oeNeo]: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=149403
    [22:23:53] [@oeNeo]: I wonder who that is
    [22:24:35] [@sG|Practical]: ask :)
    [22:24:51] [@oeNeo]: no

oeNeo is also from Riverforest ^^

Broadband is available in rf, I know that for a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

A little investment in some wifi kit and some CO-OPeration between some people and voila.
    Sharing is caring (as some kids program or other says)
    IrishWAN rules in situations like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Yeah, I'm in RF and have it since late last year. I'm on the 624xxxx exchange. A friend up te end of my street, on the 610xxxx exchange also has it. We're both with netsource.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Nuno

Thanks a million lads,
    We went back and applied again with IOL BB and hey presto, the line passed.
    So, hopefully it shouldn't take too long before he's up and running.
    Surprised to see so many in RF with broadband already. Do any of you have trouble with contention ratios and download speeds?

Thanks again people

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Regarding download speeds: nope I've no issues with Netsource there... Dunno how many ppl in Leixlip have signed up with them tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

I live in leixlip too and the battle for broadband still rages on:(

I'm going to get a new cable path put into my gaff hopefully this will work. Ordered it about 6 weeks ago, still aint got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Yeh, I live in RF with eircom BB and It's perfect, pretty much 55kb/s all the, I haven't had any problems yet.

Advertisement