Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Punkbuster standalone install

Options
  • 24-03-2004 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Is there a standalone install for punkbuster...the last time i installed 1.6 i didn't enable it and now my broadband has arrived i want to play online and can't...

The 1.6 patch is nearly 300mb's!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

how about a work around? uninstall bf and reinstall v1.6 and install punk buster this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I probably should have said...i don't have the patch on my system and i don't particularly want to dl it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

do you have bfv yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Peace
    Is there a standalone install for punkbuster...the last time i installed 1.6 i didn't enable it and now my broadband has arrived i want to play online and can't...

The 1.6 patch is nearly 300mb's!

You dont need to redownload anything. You should be able to just enable it from the Menu. Punkbuster is installed automaticly with the v1.6 patch. It is an intregated part of Battlefield.

To enable it go into the Multiplayer tab. Now click on Internet. It will bring up the list of online games. Now look at the bottom left of the screen and you will see the Punkbuster logo and a box. Click the box to enable it. If you have it enabled it should look like something below:

[align=center]enablepunkbuster.gif[/align]

Advertisement