Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for new Co-Mod

• 24-03-2004 5:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

I've been pissed off again by some idiot who posted raw spoilers without spoiler tags in a thread. We need co-mods because Bombidol can't do it all on his own. This place needs protection from idiots. I'm not sure who should be the new co-mod but please reply if you are interested - come on don't be shy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

Report this Post to a Moderator - This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

its not exactly what it was designed for. in any case its useless untill the mod logs on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

This was brought up before, and i was happy enough with the outcome... at the time.

But now i have to say, we're getting a lot more posters than we did at the time.
    All i'm asking is for bombidol to at least consider it, as there's probs gonna be more and more posters coming up to the gig at the Point.

All in favour, say aye! :)
    Nero

Originally posted by smiaras
    Someone pm Bombidol then rather than discussing it because some poor newbie is going to start crying when many bad names are called at said instigators and/or muppets.

F*ck em!
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Let's not let it get shot down, stand up and be heard. We need another mod end of story.

davey could u make this a poll?

It won't let me edit into a poll. Maybe start a new thread - who are the contenders??

I'll gladly do it, i'm on the board most mornings and afternoons on weekdays and sometimes when i'm on the night shift.

Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

come on!
    some ones gotta go up against Nero. Id do it but im not on hear offten enough + im lazey

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I reckon smiaras should be a candidate. He seems a decent enough guy judging by his posts and he also posts a lot of spoilers (advertised ones!) so he'd be able to mooch through the threads to see if any n00bs are ruining stuff for other people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I'd do it but won't be on much anymore...smiaras,
    whosurpaddy, Hanza? :) Just a few suggestions, they the regs to compete with Nero

ive said before id gladly do it. im on the board enough.

Ok that's 2 - if anymore would like to put forward there name do so. I think we should give it till say 5pm tomorrow and then set up a poll. Agreed?

That's if he ever shows up. We can have the poll tomorrow - the winner will then be selected and off we go to Admin. I have no problem with bombidol but if he's never around we have to do it ourselves.

Co- Mod Nominees Thus Far

NeroTheExtreme
    whosurpaddy
    smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

NeroTheExtreme
    whosurpaddy
    smiaras

3 worthy contenders who know their stuff and are here often enough to make a difference.
    I've not come here as much recently because of unflagged spoilers which p!ss me off as I like to wait and see RAW and SD later in the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    Co- Mod Nominees Thus Far

NeroTheExtreme
    whosurpaddy
    smiaras

Here here.

Or there there, which ever you prefer.

Of course, we cud always nominate that Muzz chap :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Been on Holidays the last 2 weeks. Back today, will clean up the forum tomorrow after the jet lag wears off. Ill also think about a co mod, but keep in mind, it'll only be a matter of time before people think we need a 3rd mod. On a lighter note, caught a show in Detroit with Sabu, Zack Gowen, Monty Brown, Eddie Venom, ICP, Necro Butcher and a few other heads. Good Show

• Advertisement

Welcome back Gar.
    I don't think we'd have enough muppets on the channel to require a third mod. Although due to the popularity rising in the channel, and lets face it, it was almost dead until around 6-8 months ago. Business has picked up.

I'll also agree smiaras and whosurpaddy are indeed, worthy contenders and they've probably been here twice the length of time that i've been. Best of luck to em :)

I wasn't around tonight as i was rebuilding my system (stripped out the old board and CPU so only catching up now), after five long faithful years with AMD, i've jumped back on the Intel bandwagon, and already noticing huge differences.

Nero

We need a second mod without a doubt. What happened today(some idiot posting about Friday's Raw without spoilers) must be limited as much as possible. I know that you can't be around all the time bombidol that's why we need 2 mods. Nobody had the power today to sort out the situation and that can't be allowed to happen again. If The Irish Jedi Council (probably 1 post a week) can have 2 mods why can't we? We can always put it to a vote, we are living in a democracy after all.

Well he said he'd give it some thought, you could always set up a poll as to who the people would vote for should a second mod be voted in.

And no, ya can't vote for yerselves!
    Nero

Originally posted by bombidol
    it'll only be a matter of time before people think we need a 3rd mod.

i dont mean to get at you gar but i dont see why you this this as a negative rather than a positive.

with the nature of the topic of this board (by this i mean muppets who create an account just to slag off wrestling) uve said yourself this is on the rise and your constantly deleting this type of thread, so why is having 3 mods such a bad thing, means theres more likely to be one nearby at all times.

I'm with both Gar and Paddy on this one, at the minute we only need 2, but look ahead here. Say the two dates at the Point are a success, as well as other promotions that are doing more dates this year, (WIN, IWW, NWA-Ireland), it will attract more traffic on the board. A third one might even come in handy in time to come.

But not just yet i'd say.
    Nero

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    I'm with both Gar and Paddy on this one

im disagreeing with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

the reasion it was shot down the last time was because there was bugger all going on on the board and everyone wasnt causis about spoilers but i think it is a necisity now, when i first started posting bombidol was on every day but lately i havent seen any posts (apart from the last one)

Check his journal, he's been busy as hell with 20BE.
    Nero

Advertisement