Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ref: Dublin based trek movie plot discussion

• 24-03-2004 6:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

With reference to this thread:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148567&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

achilles think it would be a good idea for us to meet up and discuss the plot of this project, and i think it would be a great excuse for pints.

so i suggest a quiet evening in the white horse to all that are interested, and perhaps also people that aren't.

i'm preposing sunday as the day, but i'm interested in hearing preferences if people would prefare a different day and also to give a week that suits and we will try to accomadate as many as possible.

sign below :)

data

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hrm, well i dont want this to be an excuse for a piss up. I seriously want us to just get down to work in figuring out a good story, that's all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭stereo_steve

WOOT! Just read the other post, been busy studying and haven't paid much attention to the forum in a coupleof days! This is great!

Unfortunately I'm away for the whole summer but I am willing to help out as much as I can before. I have a replica TOS phasor to use, could cgi some pasor out of it!

Anyway, I'll def be there for the drinks, sunday suits me. In fact everyday does apart from saturday.

I know we all hate Enterprise but lets face it, If its temperal incursions its gonna be Enterprise! The Xindi are trying to wipe us out again!

Or some founders travelled to Bajor to use the orb of Time to travell back to wipe us out. They hold goverment posititions and organised building the spike to communicate home??

Anyway, sign me up for drinks!!

Hrm, well yea i was thinking along that myself. I'd kinda like it to be tng/voy/ds9 era tho. Erm.. i'd be looking to buy another set of enterprise phaser/communicator thingies tho. So that they'd go with my set. And i feel as if i'm gonna stick with the whole taht utat idea (i can never spell that right, check out the other thread, it's serrard's idea methinks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

shall we put forward sunday week the 4th of april in the whitehorse at 7.00pm as the time and can everyone who is going confirm your attendance

cheers

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I should be able to go for that

• Advertisement

I'll be there

How about earlier in the evening? say around 3 or 4?

i'd prefare an evening meet, as i plan on studying in the afternoon, how bout 6 instead?

Alright 6 it is. Although, Mr Andriod... i have no idea just where the white horse is. Would you be willing to meet up with me 10 or 20 mins beforehand to bring me to said pub? Thanks.

yeah thats cool, or i can try and dig trojan's funky map out.

the white horse is just down from messer maguires which is beside Q-bar, you continue down past messers towards tara street dart station, it is on the corner of the second right after messers at corn exchange place

we can sort something out though

data

• Advertisement

Hrm yeah sounds good. I remember running around town for almost 90 minutes trying to figure out just where the hell corn exchange place is cus i had to get the bus to bray.... nobody knew the name of the place and i was like ffs!!!! I finally found the bus i was looking for, but was nowhere near a stop and wouldnt let me on, the bastid, so i chased after it and finally found out where corn exchane place was... right beside trinity... feckin typical.

aye thats it where the 84 goes from pub is just opposite that bus stop :)

Ahh i should be able to find it so. If not... i'll call ya or something... i'll get yer number off ya on MSN.

yes that no problem at all

right so just to clear it up, anyone who is interested we are meeting in the white horse at 6pm on sunday the 4th of march

Data log intae msn... will ye? Also ya better send me a pic of ya just so i know who ye are, and dont end up walking up to 100 people going 'Are you Commander Data?'... just imagine the stares i'd get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

Hey if you need a Klingon i can be one i have a full uniform :D

Use the other thread for that kinda info man, this is mainly for meetups etc. Anyways ya i suppose we could work a klingon into the movie... not sure how, and you'd need to have full makup and everything. Anyways come to the meetup on 6pm, sunday, 4th april and we'll see what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

ok cool i'll try and be there. this could be a little crazy!! ww)

Well to be honest i'd prefer to have a meetup somewhere that doesn't serve alcohol as i have a feeling that this'll just end up and some sort of pissup and nothing will get done.

down with this sort of thing, alcohol will liberate the mind and get the ideas following

• Advertisement

Right... so... everyone who's gonna attend just leave a post saying that you'll be there k? I'd like to get a general idea of who will be there.

Right so... are we all still on for 6 in the white horse tomorrow then yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Hmm... I might come up just to see how things go, sounds like fun anyway :)

Originally posted by Achilles
    Right so... are we all still on for 6 in the white horse tomorrow then yea?

Hmm... I could make it to the White Horse no problem.. Made it there grand last time.

Yeah should be good, and any imput you could provide into the story would be appreciated. Data, you around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

er wrong thread there kid

Ohh right thanks for the heads up... way too many windows open here at the moment ;-)

k so just confirm, myself, achilles, user and stereosteve and possibly kennett are confirmed for this evening.

if anyone wants my mobile number just to confirm who we are just pm me i'll be online throughout the day

data

I'll have to take a raincheck here, sadly. It seems that if I go to Dublin, I'd effectively be stuck there for the rest of the night, which sucks.... lol

If I lived closer, I'd be there, but because I live so far away, it's not possible for me to get there and back without a lot of hassle.

Perhaps next time some meeting of this is arranged, I might be able to go. Even though I can't make it today, I'd still be interested in tagging along for it.

I'm really sorry about this guys, but I'm afraid there's not much I can really do... :/

• Advertisement

Ohh right, ahh well never mind, next time.

I'll try my best next time round. I'll see what arrangements I could possibly make..

Guys, I'm really sorry. I couldn't make it last night. I feel really bad for not being able to post a message earlier. I had to help a friend out. I promise to be there the next time, if there is one.

How did it go? Make any progress?

Yeah we made progress... that is, myself and data, cus nobody else turned up. I was kinda expecting that tho, dunno why. Anyways i'll post the plot details that we came up with in the other thread a little later as i have a few things to do and it'd take a while to type out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

Originally posted by Achilles
    Yeah we made progress... that is, myself and data, cus nobody else turned up. I was kinda expecting that tho, dunno why. Anyways i'll post the plot details that we came up with in the other thread a little later as i have a few things to do and it'd take a while to type out.

Next time I'll try to catch the plane to be there in time...in wherever that White Horse might be :p

Hope nonetheless you two had a good time ;)

The Admiral

I'm sure they did ;)

• Advertisement

Of course we did, sure, i'm still knackard ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭The Admiral

And what decisions did the two co-directors made for the CG slaves etc...? :p

The Admiral

CG Slaves? Oh, the people doing the graphics... Silly me, lol

ok this meeting has taken place and the ideas from it a visible in the other thread, so i'm gonna unstick this bad boy and when we need to meet again to further the plot alone we can make some new arrangements

data

Advertisement