Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony Clie NX73V

• 24-03-2004 8:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Probably not the right place for this but I hope the mods here will understand how difficult this part is to buy anywhere and let this run :)

I've tried just about everywhere to buy a WiFi card for the Clie but nowhere has one in stock - all quoting 3 to 4 weeks to get one in !

The card is a compact flash device model number PEGA-WL100. Loads of places claim to sell them but no one actually has one in stock.

It seems this is the only card that will work with this PDA - although I'd be very happy if someone could prove otherwise.

If anyone here has one for sale PLEASE let me know.

Thanks guys

Tinky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi tinky

I'm an NX70V user myself with a WL110 (new model WLAN card).

The wireless LAN card for Sony Clies is a compact flash card but only sony's card will work.

Sony sell the WL-110 for about 180 euro on their own site.
    The WL-100 is now outdated and was replaced by the WL-110.
    Many people still believe that the WL-100 is the better of the two.

I bought my WLAN card in the USA in Febuary, it cost $125 which worked out at 100 euro. My brother is living in the US and was comming home any way so i had him get it and bring it home for me. for a good price in the USA go to www.pricegrabber.com and search for WL100 or WL110 you should get a good price.

Sony are having a sale on add on's at www.sonystyle-europe.com but the Irish prices have not changed and are over priced. If you know someone in the UK or France, Germany, etc.. i would try going through them.

But for the best price if you know someone in the US thats the way i would go.

For more information i would suggest you go to www.cliesource.com and read some of the posts in the wireless section.

If you need any help with the setup just give me a shout in here I pop in most days.

All the best,
    Eóin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Hi,

I bought my NX70 with the WL100 on this website:
    http://www.clieuk.co.uk/cliestorenxaccessories.htm

They are very good, as I was ordering from here, they use the magic Word "gift" for the customs, they add a power socket adapter for the power supply and I got a 128Mo Memory stick for free (Still I don't know if it was an error... :D).
    And I've order a couple of small things since (pens, screen protection)...
    They have the WL110 for $145...

Raphael

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Hi,

I bought my NX70 with the WL100 on this website:
    http://www.clieuk.co.uk/cliestorenxaccessories.htm

Just checked their site - only 113 yoyo's for the WL110 compared to 185 (cheapest price) here !!!! Will order from them perhaps. How did you find the service, they say they have them in stock - should I believe them in your experience ?

Thanks for the help lads/lasses !

Tinky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 538 ✭✭✭raphaelS

Send them an email to make sure but if they say it's in stock that means it is...! There's some bits that are clearly marked as not in stock which is a proof that they are honest.
    Some shops will mark everything as "in stock" when in fact it is not...

I have no interest in that web site by the way!! :D

If you want a second opinion check www.cliesource.com as suggested by Eóin. You will find out that many people outside of US bought their Clie from http://www.clieuk.co.uk/cliestorenxaccessories.htm.

Raphael

Advertisement