Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question

• 24-03-2004 10:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭

I have failed the line test for broadband despite being within the exchange and having a dial up speed of 52kbps what the hell do you need to get broadband dig the road up yourself, I am in Dunshaughlin slap bang in the centre, Eircon have said that it is available here????? do I just have to suck on it?! :(

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

i live in Dunshaughlin too, lagore road to be precise, the exchange was activeated early January and I was failing till mid february then passed as I was on ISDN, since you av 52bps eliminates the split line excuse perhaps you are just too far out from the exchange? where in Dunshaughlin are you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

Same problem, different exchange though.
    If you keep pushing, internal wiring will no doubt be the cause. In my case it's possible it is the cause of it, but trying to get any meaningful reason out of them can be tough/impossible.
    Search around the IOFFL board, Shinzon's posts will give you an idea what to expect.
    I'm considering wireless myself, IBB have a transmitter near my house.
    I don't play games really so the pings wouldn't bother me and if I pass the LOS it'd be a hell of a lot less hassle than trying to get my phone line sorted out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

I am right beside O'Briens pub in the market place apartments.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

ahh.. your only like 300metres from the exchange so rules out the distance problem and your 52bps rules out the spit line problem, since you live in an apartment it could be due to faulty/poor internal wiring, there has been alot on these boards recently about people living in apartments who cant get broadband because of the wiring etc but those apartments you live in where only recently built? you should be more capable of getting broadband than most others in Dunshaughlin becuase you are so close to that exchange. Perhaps you have a couple of devices like fax, extension lines on that fone? that could cause you to fail also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Maybe
    Thanks for the info, more than Eircon will tell me :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement