Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth

Options
  • 24-03-2004 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

Anybody here from Maynooth or know it. Im looking at a place in Kingsbry and Im wondering how far it is from there in to Maynooth itself . It looks a little bit more than a stagger home from the pub at night on the map thats all. Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Andrew Duffy

Used to live there myself. It's about 15-20 minutes walk from the town, with its multitude of pubs; about 10 minutes from the train station in the same direction; and about 25-30 minutes from the University, boys' primary school and secondary school (the girls' primary school is in the town). There's a 66 bus stop right outside the estate and a 67A stop under 10 minutes away, near a small shopping centre with a useful small supermarket. There's a truly colossal 24-hour Tesco just outside the town on the road to Leixlip; you might want to get a taxi, or the 66, if you're shopping there without a car.

As for the town itself; serious drinking culture/problem, quite a lot of fights outside the hotel Dishgo and late-night food outlets (usual chipper and Chinese). There's also a decent Chinese restaurant and a new Indian which I don't know because I don't live there any more. Best pubs are the enormous, 2000 capacity Cassidy's Roost for loud music, good looking women, etc.; Caulfields for a quiet drink, or even the hotel near the M4, the name of which escapes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

Thanks Andrew, Just the info I was looking for.

Advertisement