Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firefox and Msn Messenger

Options
  • 25-03-2004 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Does anyone know if theres anyway to integrate fire fox with messenger, eg:- when i click th hotmail link im messenger it uses explorer as the browser, any way to change this so that i can use firefox instead?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

If you have Windows XP (and Windows 2000 SP 3 I think) you can set what browser Windows is to use by default.

I think it's in the Start menu in the All Programes list (I don't have an XP machine handy to find out exactly where it is).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

Firefox is my default browser, and all other links open firefox, just not from within messenger

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

the click to check your hotmail link will always open in IE there's nothing you can do.

them stupid M$ idiots. they were fined over this today amongst other things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SeeYouJimmy

well thanks anyways, if they built a half decent browser it wouldnt bother me, suppose its my own fault for using messenger in the first place!

500m euro is a lot of money when you come to think of it, wonder where that'll go....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I thought it was up in the billions? whatever it was it was just over 1% of Microsofts profits. 1%...

• Advertisement
Advertisement