Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Player Of The 6N

• 25-03-2004 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Had to go for O'Connell myself. While not a surprise like D'Arcy had consistently strong performances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭spanner

have to go from simon easterby, not as noticeable but definately been doing trojan back row work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

I would have to say Easterby as well.

Great work in the rucks and in the lineout.
    Always kept pressure on the offence.

But on the last two games O'Kelly has played out of his skin!!!

pity he's not up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Paul O' Connell got my vote. D'Arcy has played very very well but O' Connell against England was something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

I think D'Arcy swong it for me yesterday, b4 dat i wud ave thought Byrne was class.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Errr, doesn't anyone think that maybe a French player should get "Player of the 6N" ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Thats the sort of fair and balanced statement that gives rugby a bad name in the eyes of other sports fans. For shame

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

Thats the sort of fair and balanced statement that gives rugby a bad name in the eyes of other sports fans. For shame

as regards
    Errr, doesn't anyone think that maybe a French player should get "Player of the 6N" ?

Hehe yeah what kind of sport do you think we are trying to promote here???

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

Gordon Darcy was the find of the 6 nations and the player of the six nations.

Originally posted by Ponster

o yea thought it was just the irish. but in all fairness that must of been one of the easiest 6 nations france ever had to win. apart from the irish and maybe the english game they really didnt think the deserved it.
    if it was a different day in paris and not so many injuries i feel we could be grand slam holders. ireland were definately think ireland were the more improved team of the competion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

most girly haircut of the 6N?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

On a similar theme PR picked their team of the tournament and put up some tourney stats.

5 French, 5 Irish, 2 Welsh, 2 Italians and just the one English player :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

BBC Sport just revealed the results, and Darcy pretty much bitchslapped the field, with 50% of the vote.

Next highest was Paul O'Connell on 13%.

I've been critical of Darcy in the past, but I have to hand it to him, he's really been playing outstandingly well as of late. Just hope he can keep the form going.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/international/3580343.stm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Originally posted by Jilm
    On a similar theme PR picked their team of the tournament and put up some tourney stats.

5 French, 5 Irish, 2 Welsh, 2 Italians and just the one English player :D

And no Scots. That's about right on current form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Neither of the Italians should be in there, IMO.

Just because Griffen spent a lot of time scrambling ferociously to alleviate the harm caused by the ineptitude of his fellow backs doesn't make him scrum-half of the tournament. I'd also go with both French props.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Oh and Easterby ahead of Betsen. Just.

Hard to argue with The Mullet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Originally posted by daveirl
    What are you smoking? How did France not deserve it? They were unreal. They never even had to try. They demolished us. Look back to the threads. They never even tried. It would have to be a radically different day for Ireland to win.

So if France don't deserve it because they were miles better than everyone else, who deserves it?

And you can vote for the French player of the 6N also. I just linked to the Irish players.

maybe i missed word the thread. I will not dispute that france were the best team in the competion and really do deserve the grand slam. but if you look at the games they played and the french team it really was nothing compared to the team it fielded 5 years ago. the team that feilded such players as intermac,galta etc. it really was not a hard 6 nations for them. they played ireland who were severely weaken with injuries, a demoralised england and really there was never going to be a threat from any of the remaining nations.

they really just did enough to win each match.

Advertisement