Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Polling Station: New Co-Mod/Do we need one?

• 25-03-2004 2:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

Ok wrestling fans - time to have your say.

Earlier today we had an incident whereby one idiot *cough*Raven136*/cough* revield information about the forthcomming Raw without spoilers. Unfortanatly bombidol was not around to deal with the situation which has led to the suggestions that we need a 2nd mod to double up the policing efforts. 3 names have been put forward to contest this position: NeroTheExtreme, whosurpaddy and smiaras. You can also choose to keep the present situation.

Let your voices be heard!!!!

What do you want??? 28 votes

smiaras
    0% 0 votes
    NeroTheExtreme
    32% 9 votes
    whosurpaddy
    50% 14 votes
    Let bombidol remain as sole mod
    17% 5 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Well seeing as it's unfair to vote for myself, i voted for the person who's on the boards as often as me, if not more often. :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

WOW!

On my day off I decide the boards wont go too mental and this happens! Last time this happened I said that since Im on the board 24/7 I would gladly go for co-mod. Thanks guys!

Anyway, on with the popularity contest

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

I tihnk its fair to say that a new mod is needed awrite. and im glad that this is taking place. btw is bombidol aware that this is goinng on? cause maybe we should wait for him to respond before starting something like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

seems unfair that hanza cant go for it if he wants. any way of incuding him davey?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

Any campaign promises to sway the vote? I'll vote for the one who brings the most sex drugs alcohol and rock n' roll to those (only legal age though) :)

Is there anyway of embedding the spolier tag like the link tag abd image abd php etc in the posting window so that people could use it or at least know about it?

• Advertisement

i promise at least one original thread idea similar to the quiz thing we got going on now per month.

i also promise never to marry the bosses daughter.:D

just on the spoiler thing, id imagine it would have to be put in boards-wide, and i don think spoilers are as important to everyone else as they are to us wrestlting puritans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

I was gonna suggest the same for the promotions.
    Also i think it would be a good idea if the charter was altered to include spoiler warnings as the more popular the board gets, the more spoilers get leaked.

Bans shouldn't really be need to be in place, but muppet threads could do with a kill.
    And again, due to growing popularity, we're getting more of those.

It'll also help if the new mod is gonna be someone on quite a fair bit.
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

im all up for a new/co-mod but i want guarantees that my pro hhh posts wont be eddited just because they are pro hhh (if there is something wrong and it needs to be deliated then thats ok) and i would like hanza in the running

• Advertisement

To be honest, i don't think anyone is THAT childish, i hate Cripple H as much as the next man, but everyone's a right to their own opinion, and i've always respected that. I've bitched about Cripple H on more than 1 occasion but i've never flamed anyone for being a Cripple H fan.

Nero

seems unfair that hanza cant go for it if he wants. any way of incuding him davey?
    Thanks man, but its a bit too late now! My time will come...

Oh by the way. 500 posts... cheak it out guys :) Now im cool!
    <
    <
    <

Hanza

I say in the interests of fairness, the winner of this poll squares off against Hanza in a seperate poll.

That way Hanza gets his fair shake.
    Nero

Interesting quote by smiaras on the feedback/suggestions board for a stargate mod

"I find the voting techniques to be hard to interpret and open to corruption *points to numerous brown envelopes flying around* I demand the state of Florida be reopened for a recount."

Enquiring minds want to know ;)
    Nero

Aye, i read it... although i'd be great working for a tabloid during an american election.
    Wouldn't you agree? ;)
    Nero

Nero's campaign:

Smart Mark's opinions - a lot voiced, more to come!
    Nero

my campaign slogan is inspired by fianna fails "trust women" during the abortion referendum.

"trust cruiserweights"

• Advertisement

You might be able to do it yerself if ya get voted in.
    Tight contest so far ;)

Nero

Well I don't wanna rain on the parade, as interesting as this poll is. It doesn't say a thing, for a number of reasons.

1) Hanza wasn't included, i seriously believe neither smiaras nor myself would have gotten half our votes had he been in the poll.

2) It's still Gar's decision at the end of the day, it's his board, and what he says goes.

Don't wanna be a wet blanket, but it's always good to be ready for a fall :)
    Nero

well what do u think gar?

well i.................IT DOSENT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK. this is the peoples board, and were voting for the peoples moderator. and if you dont like it you can lick the peoples strudel. if YA SMELLLLLLLLLL

roffle
    Nero

Ta a million for the shout Nero!

If its cool with yall Id love to do that :)

Hanza

Well fairs fair. And you name was put on the actual thread before the poll was posted.

So far we're at a stalemate.
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Was out all day doing the college buzz got a big poker night tonight - chance of winning €10,000. Enough of me. Looks like a good competive vote. I think we will have to put a time limit on it though how does 12am tonight sound or will we let it run tomorrow also??

I agree Hanza should have a chance to stake his claim for co-mod so I also recommend he should run against the winner in the grand-daddy of all polls.

• Advertisement

leave it for another day or so. make sure all the regs get a vote.

it dont look like im going to be able to implement my free beer at a titty bar night for the next wrestlemania im afraid.

Sounds fair to me, we'll see Hanza rounding up his mates with sycnhronized watches ;)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Ok "in the interest of fairness" tomorrow night at 12am will the cut off point. This gives everyone a chance to vote. I'm proddy gonna be on the piss tomorrow night so someone will have to declare the winner (make sure no late votes are sneeked in).

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Sounds fair to me, we'll see Hanza rounding up his mates with sycnhronized watches ;)

Nero
    Let the rounding up begin then :)

Hanza

The question is - who will you face? I was five voted behind when i first checked the board this morning, so it's still anyones game as far as i'm concerned.

Christ, I'm having fun here :)
    Nero

• Advertisement

Since we'll all be on around noon tommorow, will we end it then!

Give the next poll a 1 day timelimit, since everyone will know about it. Yes ? No?

Hanza

I'm easy.
    Nero

Fine by me.
    Hanza

• Advertisement

He's got a point, the board is dead at the weekend.
    Nero

Davey, wrap it up and stick myself and Hanza in the final. Best of luck man.
    Nero

well it means i cant auction off my votes to the highest bidder but sure go for it.

Anyone find smiaras sig hilarious at this point in time?
    Nero

I'd just like to thank smiaras for being a worthy competetor and also the cause for me having god knows how many heart failures.

And paddy for keeping me sane through it. :)

I'd also like to thank the acadam... no wait, wrong speech.
    Good Luck to Hanza :)

Nero

Seeing as you're neutral smiaras, you wanna do the honours?
    Nero

Advertisement