Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband qualification question...

Options
  • 25-03-2004 3:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi. It's probably been asked before (I can't find it!) but having decided to go with UTVs Clicksilver, I am first told that my line number qualifies. I then read that 'Before we start your order please ensure that broadband is available in your area' - if I proceed, I'm charged €99+€30-ish.......... Question. How do I 'Before we start your order please ensure that broadband is available in your area'? I emailed UTV about this 4-5 days ago & haven't got a reply. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,220 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Before you sign up to UTV you might want to read this thread. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148341

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by omelette
    Hi. It's probably been asked before (I can't find it!) but having decided to go with UTVs Clicksilver, I am first told that my line number qualifies. I then read that 'Before we start your order please ensure that broadband is available in your area' - if I proceed, I'm charged €99+€30-ish.......... Question. How do I 'Before we start your order please ensure that broadband is available in your area'? I emailed UTV about this 4-5 days ago & haven't got a reply. Thanks in advance.
    If your line passes, then broadband should be availabel in your area. UTV shouldn't be able to pass lines for non-DSL enabled exchanges. However, you may wish to double check with the other ISP's sites, e.g. Eircom's line check just to make doubly sure.

It would be a bit disturbing if UTV were taking money off people that don't qualify for their services.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭pete

I think UTV work on the assumption that if DSL is available in your area / from your exchange then they'll be able to provide you with a service.

When I applied to them a while back but my line failed on the (DSL enabled) Blanchardstown exchange they immediately issued a refund.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭omelette

Thanks for all the replies, especially Davey Devil for the thread - enlightening! I didn't realise there was so many problems with their BB offering. I'm currently a subscriber to their 56k service & think I will stick with it a while longer after reading that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

For the record omlette, it seems to be a regional thing.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭omelette

Though it's a pretty lenghty thread & I skipped through a lot of it I did notice a lot of the complaints were coming from Cork/Limerick regions. I'm in Dublin myself (D7) so could you tell me if there's been many complaints from the capital. Thanks.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by SkepticOne

It would be a bit disturbing if UTV were taking money off people that don't qualify for their services.

Do you not think its even more disturbing that UTV are taking money off people that do qualify for their services and providing extremely poor service in return?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by dahamsta
    For the record omlette, it seems to be a regional thing.

adam

The region is called the Republic of Ireland! :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Originally posted by dub45
    The region is called the Republic of Ireland! :rolleyes:
    The People's Republic of Cork wins again! :)

adam

Advertisement