Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MTV to stop showing independant music?

Options
  • 25-03-2004 9:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Check out http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3565229.stm

MTV are trying to pay a substantially lower royalty rate to artists on independant labels and, as a result, may end up showing no independant music at all. Of course, I wasn't aware they showed music at all anymore, I tuned that f*cker out of my TV back in 98. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

fucking scum!
    what makes them think that independant labels deserve any less than majors?

viva la bam is good though:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Unless you are paying for the extra cable channels the MTV on MTL doesn't show any music. So really who cares. Even on the other channels they show the same videos over and over. MTV has never been a good music station. But its been the only music station. On the basic cable package it doesn't even show music.

They saw downloading is killing music. To be honest its the only place you hear new stuff. The radios play the same rubbish over and over. But most of the time theres not much music on the radio either. But there trying to stop downloads.

As far as I can see the music industry, especially the big lables are killing themselves. MTV is dire. It want to stop reduce cost. How about making more more money instead by broadcasting something decent?

The're all morons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by tman
    fuc....viva la bam is good though:(

...you have to be kidding.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

there was music on mtv? when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i don't even bother watching tv these days. if i did happen to tune in to mtv, it'd be purely to catch bam. at least i didn't say newlyweds:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

MTV shows little or no music anymore. Really.

But the question that crossed my mind is whether this applies to the whole MTV family (MTV2, VH1, VH2, MTV Base etc.)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

My reading of the situation is that it does effect all their channels.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

well MTV doesn't play music so it doesn't matter

Advertisement