Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Claudio Ranieri

• 25-03-2004 10:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Why are Chelsea so intent on getting rid of him? He's still only been in the job around three years, why won't the Chelsea bigwigs just lay off him and let him get on with his job !?!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

nicest manager in the premiership (besides hou houllier ;) ) deserves better treatment. i hope wither him or oneill get to manage the pool if houllier leaves.

i hope chelsea beat arsenal just because i feel sorry for ranieri!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

Agreed- he really seems to be level headed and have the respect of his players.

Ive done 2 years in college on the theories of management, managing people and getting the best out of your staff or players (be it in business or sport, the theory is more or less the same) and I must say- from listening to the way he speaks about his players and the way his players speak about him, he really seems to have created an excellent, calm but determined mood in his camp.

Especially if u take into account what it could be like given the dramatic changes in the last year- I reckon they could be 7th if personalities and ego's were not handled in the correct manner. The attitude they all have is amazing.

He comes across as strong mentally, postitive and affirming. My favorite manager in the Prem now that I think of it.

I don't support Chelsea
    I don't particularly dislike United or Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

was reading in the paper today that every fan in the stadium last night (well excluding the arsenal fans ofcourse) were all singing for him before the match

"ranieri, there only one ranieri", i was a bit sad to see the way he has been treated down there, especially what he did to get them into the champions league with nothing last year (no real backing ala roman abrohamovic style)

cant believe they want to sack him though, but i get the picture this has been in the plans since when yer man took over the chairman role, but maybe he might see a little sense.. i dont you about you lads but i would rather take ranieri over erikkson any day of the week really?

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I hope he keeps his job at Chelsea. If he doesn't, it will be a right kick in the teeth for one of the best guys in football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I hope he keeps his job, just to spite the press reporter b*stards who have made his job impossible to do for the past couple of months.

If Abramovich sacks him, he's insane. Second in the Premiership, and only to the team with the joint-best start to a season ever. What does the man have to do to get the respect of his boss???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

Apparently Ranieri told the players the other night night to face facts that he WOULD NOT be there next year regardless of how they did...

From what I've heard it was quite emotional and basically he said to the players 'lets prove them wrong and win something'...

I think he's a great manager, particularly with how he did last year on no money and that the way abrimovich and in particular peter kenyon have treated him is disgraceful...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I hope he keeps his job, just to spite the press reporter b*stards who have made his job impossible to do for the past couple of months.

If Abramovich sacks him, he's insane. Second in the Premiership, and only to the team with the joint-best start to a season ever. What does the man have to do to get the respect of his boss???

Very true and who would be mad enough to leave another club to go there knowing that such performances is not enough to keep your job? I can't see any of the top managers risking it knowing how popular ranners is with players and supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭sikes

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Very true and who would be mad enough to leave another club to go there knowing that such performances is not enough to keep your job? I can't see any of the top managers risking it knowing how popular ranners is with players and supporters.

very good point, who the hell would take over the job, especially with the large talented squad who will always want to play and fans and board expecting trophies, think the guy is a legend and has been linked with the spurs job and would love to see him in, but who hasn't been linked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

From Rivals

Is it just me, or are people getting carried away with support for Ranieri? He's a very likeable man who has done a good job in the time he has been here. However, with only an FA cup final defeat to is name, why is a man who after 4 seasons and over £150 million spent, getting so much sympathy?

This is a man who has NEVER won a championship in his life. A man who after 4 years, cannot name his best team, even when he is handed the sums given to him in the summer to buy whoever he wanted.

I support Chelsea, not the manager, whoever he may be. I couldn't care less who is in charge, as long as I can see a good long term picture. This means a man who has faith in his own convictions of how a team should play, not one who cannot decide from one game to the next.

People say that Roman has been out of order for not backing Ranieri. Hello! He is in charge of the team, and has been given any player he asked for. He has backed him to the tune of over £100 million in transfers. If that's not backing your manager, I don't know what is.

Why make promises about next season, if they are unsure about Ranieri. Do we want a club who will say one thing and then do another? No, they are quite rightly keeping quiet on the long term future of Ranieri, because quite frankly, the man still has some convincing to do.

Don't get swayed by newspaper backing for Ranieri. This is just a backhanded way of them slagging us off, by getting at Kenyon and Roman. What newspaper is going to feel sorry for a man who will be paid millions if sacked, and who will walk into another big job straight away?

As for the latest backing from the players, what do people expect? Especially from first teamers like Terry and Lampard. I don't hear too many bench players backing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I don't hear too many bench players backing him.

Petit seems to want Ranieri to stay: BBC Sport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

JohnnyBravo

"A man who after 4 years, cannot name his best team, even when he is handed the sums given to him in the summer to buy whoever he wanted."

Having so much money is exactly why he can't name his best team you fool!

Mike Newell knows his best team because he has f*k all money to be spending on players who aren't going to start every game!

"He has backed him to the tune of over £100 million in transfers. If that's not backing your manager, I don't know what is."

Backing a manager is certainly NOT maintaining silence when the world and it's collective mother is proclaiming your managers future at the club as a dead end!!
    Financial backing is the backing of Chelsea football club - not Ranieri who has reciecved little backing.

"As for the latest backing from the players, what do people expect? Especially from first teamers like Terry and Lampard. I don't hear too many bench players backing him."

So did you interview the players individually??? Show me ANYTHING to base this on!

Really when you take on the opinion of the vast majority of the UK and Irleland sporting world you should have at least ONE decent argument to prove your point!!!

Bravo Johnny!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Stiltskin

I think that Ranieri has carried himself with rare dignity in difficult times. As a Spurs fan I hope the rumours of his impending arrival are true. If not, I hope that he will stay in the premiership (Liverpool?) just to prove a few people wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by JohnnyBravo
    From Rivals

Is it just me, or are people getting carried away with support for Ranieri? He's a very likeable man who has done a good job in the time he has been here. However, with only an FA cup final defeat to is name, why is a man who after 4 seasons and over £150 million spent, getting so much sympathy?

Go on then you tell us Chelseas" best team" and see how many agree with you. The team fielded depends on the tactics the manager chooses to play against the opposition so the best team varies from match to match. True Renieri has been there for four years but the first three of those he has not had the 150 million , in fact up to last summer Chelski were nearly in the same boat financially as Leeds.

Its the worst kept secret in soccer that chelski want to get Ericcson and have been since Roman took over, in fact there was speculation that last summers signings were Ericcsons choice not ranners.
    [link] .

The owner of the club is entitled to appoint who he wants as manager but to be lining up a managers replacement when they are still in contention for the Premiership and Champions league is just unsetteling the club and players and is bound to have an affect on moral and performances at the club.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

On what grounds could they dismiss him, legally speaking? And what reason has anyone given for his departure? Has Abramovich been quoted anywhere as saying he wanted another manager? I can't remember having read a single quote attributed directly to RA since he took over, on this or any other matter (then again I don't read English papers much).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

I think he is one of the best managers in the game. He has such a good attitude. Such a pleasant, placid character and he is overall a really nice guy. I do not want him to leave Chelsea. He is doing a great job. What the **** is so great about Errikkson anyway? I mean seriously, he is such a bluffer. "We played ok in first half and in second half, we were under pressure but we did ok." I do not know what anyone sees in him. He is in it for the money. He is so obviously weighing up all his options. I am so glad he is not a manager of Ireland or Man Utd. Just send him back to ****ing Lazio. Why Chelsea are dieing to get him I just do not know. What the hell is Ranieri doing that is so bad? He is second in the League and only behind Arsenal, and our great manager Sir Alex who has been in the game 20+ years can not even get ahead of Arsenal this season(ye i know we have been missing key players and it all went downhill since Ferdinand went) but still. Chelsea are having a great season. They are very determined. They play great football. I do not want Ranieri to leave for the sake of football.

But, for those of you like me who say "Why would they get Ranieri"? Look at Vincente Del Bosque. He got sacked for not winning the CL even though he won the league and the cl i think 2 times when he was in charge of Real along with a European Super Cup, 2 spanish cups and whatever else he won in four years.

Something is not quite right. Abromavich is bad for football. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Originally posted by pickarooney
    On what grounds could they dismiss him, legally speaking? And what reason has anyone given for his departure? Has Abramovich been quoted anywhere as saying he wanted another manager? I can't remember having read a single quote attributed directly to RA since he took over, on this or any other matter (then again I don't read English papers much).

Don't think they need grounds to sack him. I mean look at Real Madrid they sacked Vincente Del Bosque last season after he won the league and got to the semis of the Champions League.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭JohnnyBravo

What makes you think i want to sack him also i was just giving the other point of view

Advertisement