Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer restart problem

Options
  • 25-03-2004 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭

hello all,

i have a friend who i have just introduced to bf1942, i know its not vietnam but he has to learn!!!

anyway he has just been playing against bots to get the skill up but there is a problem, when it comes to the end of a game i.e. the enemies tickets gets to zero his computer restarts!!

he was running it of 1.0 but since ive told him to upgrade to the latest patch 1.6? that was yesterday but other than that im stumped, anyone got any ideas as to what it could be and if the patch will fix the problem?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I've never heard of this before, but then again the game is full of bugs. A full reinstall usually sorts them out. But before that I'd suggest installing the latest patch to see if that'l sort it out. You can get it here.
    Install the patch anyway, makes the game much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

maybe his machine overheats :confused:
    just a suggestion
    had it happen to me a few times during BF

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

right well after a while I installed Desert Combat for him... it does not crash after playing a single player level. so then we tried 42 and lo and behold it does not crash either now, after DC was installed... strange but true

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Bf is an odd game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

by any chance is he playing off a no-cd patch.......used to happen when play on Midway map just repatched it and never happened sense

• Advertisement
Advertisement