Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scotland V Ireland - Score guesses?

• 25-03-2004 11:38am
    Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭

They're having a competition in work here, with €100 to the winner. Person guessing the final score (or closest to it) wins. So far no one has backed scotland. :D

Any one like to help a rugby newbie make a guess? :) I'd probably pick in impossible score!

Mark

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'd predict something like 25-6 to Ireland. We'll beat them fairly easily but we won't have the cutting edge to kill their desperate defending. A couple of early penalties might give them hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

If we did edge ahead of the other two points diff before the evening match, it would change the complexion of their match significantly.

However I believe Ireland will have the cutting edge the centre's won't know what hit them and I reckon both our wingers will score tries :)

I won't offer a score line though, I don't know how you can in these games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

If no one backs Scotland I'd take that bet, it's very very unlikely that they will win but if they do ching ching.

Ireland 37 - Scotland 9, I think we will hammer them. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ireland 27 - 10 Scotland

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

what's the scenario needed for Ireland to win the 6 Nations? England to bear France by 1 point and Ireland to hammer Scotland by 46 or something like that I think?

Ireland 52 Scotland 6
    France 23 England 24

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

I think we can blow scotland out of the water. Big front three, best second rows in the tournament even though scotlands line out is better on paper, a ball carrier who can break tackles in our backrow forwards, world class centres and a back three whick will have lots of flare if murphy comes back to his old self.

60 - 7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by daveirl
    Ireland 33 - Scotland 20

Dave, surely not. Seems to me that you didn't see Scotlands performance on Sunday?

There's snowballs chance in hell they're going to put 20 points against our defense. The French didn't even have to defend - they just sat back and waited for the Scots to knock on. Do you have fears for us, think we're going to concede a tonne of scores in the last 10 mins? Just wondering where you got this number out of.

I think you're near the mark on our score, I'm guessing around 35 - 9.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭evilhomer

If the weather is good we will hammer them all over the field.

Although i know we could get complacent and get turned over, but i really can't see that happening.

We could be on for a record score against scotland at the weekend.

Ireland 60 - Scotland 6 (if the weather is good)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i predict that scotland will get humped and we will get the wooden spoon unfortunately :(:(

cant even beat italy, that says it all really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by LFCFan
    what's the scenario needed for Ireland to win the 6 Nations? England to bear France by 1 point and Ireland to hammer Scotland by 46 or something like that I think?
    Is that all? I thought it was about 60. If it is 46 do you think they'll go out and try and get it and just hope England scrape a win?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

I just worked it out. France have a points difference of +81 and Ireland have a difference of +25. That is a 56 points gap. England have a PD of +67. Therefore, the best result would be England to win by 7 points which means both them and France have a PD of 74. So we have to beat Scotland by 50+ points and hope for the best.

I definitely can't see it happening but if we get an enormous win against the Scots and England beat France we should win it. Ireland are 40/1 to do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Ireland 49-5 Scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

If Scotland get anything out of this match then Eddie O'Sullivan should get the sack! (well thats happened before lets not forget)

Ireland 33 - 9 Scotland

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by daveirl
    The Irish team did their best to make me right! :) D'Arcy saved us though!

He did, the legend!

Not too bad there I guess, our predictions weren't a million miles off :)

6N is over, don't like this time of year... the long wait!

Advertisement