Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Navan spawn time

Options
  • 25-03-2004 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to increase the spawn time on navan i think its way too low, i shouldn't have to kill the same person three times to take over a base.

imo of a team comes down and wipes out a base and say only 1 or 2 members of that team are left they deserve to have the base not to have to high for 30secs and the fear of god put into you when the flag counter stops going down and you know you are about to be raped from behind as someone has just respawned

data

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

I will second this, sometimes when I meet the old maker hes kind enough to give me a second chance 2 or 3 seconds after i die, I then know where the guy who killed me is and its a breeze killin' him to save the flag, 15 seconds or more i recon would be good...and the game start delay too..my map doesnt load up as fast as some others seem to and by the time i have spawned I find the enemy has either capped a flag or are pouring down on top of our main base in chutes...maybe a 30 second start delay would be good also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Instant Karma
    my map doesnt load up as fast as some others seem to .

thats due to ram. Increase the amount of ram you have and it wil lload faster. Battlefield seems to use about 560mb or ram I find. Which is nice seeing as though I have a Gig of the stuff.

Id say put the Game Start Delay at about 15 seconds at most. Usually there's about 8 people in the server once the game starts after loading a new map. The Spawn time should be possibly about 10 or 15 seconds or so. People do get restless with slow spawn times. Remember though, Spawn time decides upon other players too. If they were killed and 5 seconds layer you were killed, the spawn time would be less as it takes it from the guy first killed.

It is annoying to have to wait for the clock to tick down and then to see it stop as an enemy has spawned. But shucks, we did it in 1942 without even being able to see the clock :)

cheers winters, I currently run 512 but will invest in another stick I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

yeah i'll invest in another stick during the summer also, load times aren't too bad though better then dc for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

I agree, 10 or 15 seconds sounds about fair without getting frustrating.
    My second 512 stick arrived from dabs this morning (along with a shiny new 5900FX :D), so let's see if you're right!....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

I didnt actually notice much differance in loading times when i moved from 768mb [or whatever] to 1028mb. Maybe a very slight bit but its not noticeable. It still goes slow loading the 25% -> 35% part then does the rest in about half a second.

Although, more ram will mean your computer runs faster. No doubt about that.

maybe you can help me then..I have 512MB dual channel DDR400 at the mo and just took a look on a few sites for ram sticks but there are so much to choose from, is there any compatibality issues I should know about or what should I go for to suit what I have right now...Ideally im looking at another 512.

if i was you i'd purchase another stick of the current ram that you have, you have one 512mb stick you say? so with the purchase of another one you can then run them dual channel, though if you are on an amd rig there will not be much performance increase iirc. there is possible incompatibility issues but they are usually overhyped imo and a marketing ploy to get you to buy tested twin packs of ram.

i for one will look for another of stick of my corsair ram, trouble is it comes with black and platinium heatspreaders and need another black one to match :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

crucial are good, their ram does what it says on the tin. i got a gig of generic 400Mhz memory from oc.co.uk which only runs stably at 333.

well its 2x256 but i was just gonna get 1 512 stick.

• Advertisement

then you should have your 2*256 running dual channel already and you have a spare slot for 512, what current ram do you have? i recommend just picking up the 512mb stick then

if you want to get something fancy, corsair, ocz or mushkin do very good ram check out www.shop4memory.com

data

thanks data, I'll just go for the 1 512 :D

aye i think i'll be joining you, i was gonna wait for the summer but we'll see.

data mentally prepares himself to fork out €150 on ram :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Spawn time is now an unluck for some 13 seconds

thanking you rev

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I have 512 ddr, pc3200 ram..
    bf currently uses 208mb ram in the task manager...
    how do i go about giving it more ram? i tried the "highest poirty" but this seems to make no difference and has to be done everytime the game is started..

thats seems about right lenny, i was more concerned about battlefield vietnam then bf 1942, also i'm on xp which is a bit of a ram hog for background crap i think

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

i understand the argument about the low spawn time especially online but dont u all think that 13 secs is a bit too high
    10 might be better (just a suggestion)
    because theres nothing worse than being team killed and having to wait 13 secs to respawn :mad:

no way even 13 is a little low i still find myself spawnin maybe only 5 or 6 secs after death because of the new spawn wave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭ARKANGEL

yes karma and then u die in my hail of m60 bullets..lol...and then all u can hear is darkireland saying...fecking m60...rolfmao

• Advertisement
Advertisement