Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband

• 25-03-2004 12:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi All

I have a look for this and couldnt find it anywhere...

I am moving house soon and the availablity of NTL's cable BB service would sway me a little as to where..

Where exactly is NTL BB available in Dublin, preferably the southside of the city.

Does anyone have any maps showing coverage?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Ring them on 1800 923 005 and ask. It's available in parts of Tallaght and other southside areas I think - I live in Crumlin and just had it put in there last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

I don't think there is a map

You might be best to ring them

What I know

Tallaght
    Lucan
    Templeogue
    parts of kimmage/crumlin/

i'm sure others will say were they are

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭daramullally

A friend of mine has it in Greenhills/Walkinstown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 dmic2004

Hi

I use a wireless solution from Irish Broadband. They were very quick to install and have a great pricing range. Are you going to be buying your place? They need to put an aerial on the roof.

There live areas are here

http://www.irishbroadband.ie/htmdocs/coverage_maps/areas_live.htm

all the best

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Yea if you can get NTL Broadband go for it 1gig a day limit (in theory only) and I have had no probs at all (the trouble free service may be related to the small amount of users??).

I live in Crumlin (up around Cashel Road/Avenue)

Also have a friend in Daletree Ballycullen who is using it too with no problems at all.

eh dmic2004 your not some sort of IBB pimp I hope:dunno: ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by dmic2004
    Hi

I use a wireless solution from Irish Broadband. They were very quick to install and have a great pricing range. Are you going to be buying your place? They need to put an aerial on the roof.

all the best

Dave

Way to obvious of a pimp there.... Especially considering its your first post!

Anyway, I tried getting IBB. They agreed to come install it, turned up but couldnt get onto the roof. Organised to get a cherry picker but have no turned up. 3 months ago now!

Just trying to help - have just signed up to the board so first post had to be about something.

I am a self employed IT consultant so I look at lots of options before I reccomend anything.

As is turned out I had just been speaking to NTL about what their ougoing mail server was - as I was setting it up for a client (who I reccomended getting NTL as the service was available in his area!). They were very helpful.

When I went to the home page (boards.ie) saw NTL subject there so it was first thing I looked at.

I may or may not post a message ever again, but I think you should re-consider that all people who post a message reccomending a service are not necessarily from the company, trying to promote a product. Think you should try not being a cynic for a while- will help lightening the chip on your shoulder.

Was meant as a harmless jibe.. Forget about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭maxheadroom

NTL's available in most of knocklyon.

Ok Jesus - forgotten about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Emboss

Originally posted by dmic2004
    Hi

all the best

Dave

I applied for a LOS test

hmmm must be 5 months now

still no sign of it :eek:

So basically they cover feck all..

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Wookie

Hey Jesus,

If you mean IBB has feck all cover, it should be remembered that NTL don't set the world on fire with their own coverage.

But the difference is that if you have NTL is does actually work :p

Back to the original question… Out of interest is there anybody out there with NTL in area’s other that the one’s listed above?

Wookie

Advertisement