Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

tna:nwa

• 25-03-2004 1:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭

who watched it last night it was brilent ravan is so over its a shame the hanging from last week was eddited, ruso was so funny in the mane event, he plays a brilent heel and without him styles couldnt do heel hes just too good,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

raven is so over because he is the greatest wrestler to ever step foot inside the squared circle no question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

No, he's over because Jarrett and Son want him to be ;)
    Never got into the Raven character, but as Johnny Polo in the mid 90's, he was one funny son of a bitch.

Nero

Dont blaspheme against the great one.Raven?scott levy is an excellent character ring worker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    No, he's over because Jarrett and Son want him to be ;)
    Never got into the Raven character, but as Johnny Polo in the mid 90's, he was one funny son of a bitch.

Nero

he was abused in wwe, never given the right push he is realy intelegent and cuts some grate promos cind of like jake the snake ones and he is good in the ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

never realised that was him. i got a best of summerslam thing a while back with johnny polo and gorilla monsoon introducing each match and commentating. i enjoyed that character. kinda similar to what hunter was originally

• Advertisement

when raven signed for wwe the rumored reply from vince mcmahon was
    "who the **** signed raven"he really stood a chance there huh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Wasn't he right? It was a bad idea to sign Raven when they did.
    They had an entire InVasion angle to work with, they dropped the ball with it, and everyone involved in it.

I'm not dissing the guy, the guy is a great worker, but Vince didn't know how to use him.

Nero

i agree but mcmahon should be always able to fit in a guy like raven,who quite simply is one of the most popular wrestlers outside of the wwe.He could have been huge had it been in the middle of the 'attitude'era

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Yeah his website is brilliant and alonside foley he has to be the most intelligent wrestler ever to perform.If he writes a book about his life in wrestling it would be excellent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Hes done some brillaint pieces of buisness, even in WWE. He was the man in his early days with ECW. Paul E just threw that company on his shoulders and he ran with it. Kudos to the man. I always liked him...

Back to TNA:NWA, does any else find Michael Shane intensley boring, green and talentless. How many times did he fuk up last night. Plus he cuts the worst promos ever. That tattoo of a little bitty M on his shoulder just pisses me off aswell. I dont like him, and Lynn should have won that match last night (And by last night I mean 6 months ago;) )

The opener, Kid Kash and Abyss V Americas Most Wanted rocked. When you see a match that standard by 4 great workers (cept for Kash that is) it just restores your faith in wrestling television. Brilliant 2 hours of TV.

Hanza

michael Shane is awful and is only where he is because of hbk.
    Tna is excellent and its been refreshing to see some other product other than wwe

Second that notion totally!

Shane was trained by Michaels then I take it! I just hate that mammys boy, no hes a wax boy... deffinatly deffinatlly a wax boy! He doesnt diserve the X title. Its was too prestigious for a newbie like him.

Give it to me :)

Hanza

not just trained by hbk he is related to him so i see that as the reason he has got so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

It's nice to see some alternitives to WWE, Some of the stuff on TWC may be poorly produced and editied but some of it is great entertaiment.

The X division guys in TNA/NWA are showing what cruiserweights can do when used correctly. Some of the matches have been top quality.
    I always liked Raven and though he was one of the big stars in ECW, he didn't get the required push in WWE.

Some of the other shows have decent matches too, the 3PW stuff is brutal(As in bloody and vicious) but some of the Mexican and Japanese stuff is excellent.

Some of the FWA stuff is good, the only problem I have is that everything is repeated so often.

The reason why its repeated so much is cos the channel is only 2 weeks old. It has to be tested to see if it will do well before the company can make a major loss. Thats also why they have lots of comercials and they are all the same.

It will get better given time and ratings. Roll on the IwW supercard show.

TNA, CZW, ROH and the shoot Interviews are the most vital viewing. Anyone one catch the road warriors interview, it was brilliant. In a way I thought it was sad when Hawk said,"I hope I out live Vince McMahon, cos Im gonna do unspeakable things to his grave". RIP Hawk...:(

I have a problem with the FWA. When did building a match and selling moves become irrlevent?

All you see in FWA is all these flash moves and no match consistancy. Look at Birchill. All he does is kill someone, do a million cruiserweight moves to rub it in, which look rediculous cos hes built like a brick sh1t house and 7 foot tall. He does this for like 4 minutes then gets the pin fall. Boring! I wanna see a match built up with a stunning well fought climax, most recient example was the Rey Mysterio V Matt Hardy match on Smackdown last year, or Trips and HBK in their last 2 matches.

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

I want Sky Digital :(
    Hey hanza whens the next IWW event?
    Vote Hanza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭jongore

Wasn't complaining, I'm stoked to have the oppurtunity to see something besides WWE.

Hopefully the channel will be a success and will remain on our screens for a longtime to come.

wow didnt realise they had shoot interviews on. now that would be something that i really would wanna see.

any other good ones hanza?

• Advertisement

those are the same ones i linked to a couple weeks ago, just so people dont go downloading the same ones twice. tna seem to be putting up matches showcasing a differant superstar every month. ill stick the links up if they change em at the end o the month.

actually smiaras that link you posted only allows you to stream the matches. which means u go through the pain of downloading em but u dont get the payoff of actually having the files at the end. if anyone wants to actually download the matches grab em here

Originally posted by oneofakind32
    I want Sky Digital :(
    Hey hanza whens the next IWW event?
    Vote Hanza!
    Ha :) Thanks man. Bit to late to front my vote now. I had some dictatorship ideas anyway. Dont think they would have gone down well :)

IwW are knee deep busy with the school at the moment. But the school will produce very high quality preformers, so IwW will more then likely have real Irish wrestling events.

Unfortunitly, I cannot say much about the IwW events or too much about the school. I am sworn to secrecy :) But If anyone wants to come to the open day just to see what IwW will be producing, then haul ass.

It wont just be an induction day, it will be an IwW fan day.

Come along and show your support.

Hanza

exactly :)

No! Sunday of next week. The 4th of April.

Hanza

Click this MONKEYS

Go to the forum. Everything you need to know is there. How many time to i have to post this link :confused: There is alot of info...

I'll post any up dates on this board as soon as anything develops.

Hanza

Yeah! Would it be ok if I could set up an IwW info sticky. Nero, do u have any pull yet?

Hanza

• Advertisement

Cool...

Heres what I'll do. I'll gather up some info and do a tread on the main board and get bombers to make it into a sticky...

Sound good? Everyone agreed? Better go do some work, see yall laterz...

Hanza

Advertisement