Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arsenal vs. Man United

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

4-3 to united. especially if cygan is playing:eek: :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭bdiddy

Anyone reckon both teams(i.e. Van Nist and Henry) are showin signs of tiredness at this stage in the season??? I predict a 1-0 scoreline and hope it's utd that get the one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

Originally posted by Henry_14

Don't worry buddy. I think you guys will win it. I do not have the bottle to say Utd win. I am probably counting my eggs before they hatch by saying Utd will draw one of the next two encounters and win the other. If Sky Sports pundits are anything to go by(Rodney Marsh), Utd are going to be Trounced by an "unstoppable" Arsenal. :(

What will make this season even worse for football is the fact Ranieri will be sacked too. What a **** season this is looking like being for football. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

As a loyal arsenal fan i am going to say that arsenal will win the first game ,by 3 goals but for the second match i think they could be very tired,but i still think it will be 1 nil the arsenal.so yes arsenal are going to win the too matchs and maybe the treble.i have arsenal backed @50/1 to win the treble months ago!if they win today i think they have the premiership won.then against man utd in fa cup if they win the match nothing will stop them from going all the way and winning the fa cup.then bring on chelsea!

go on the gunners!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

my prediction 3-1 to arsenal but i havent seen the team sheets yet so that may make a change in my mind hopefully campell will play
    I blame the demise of the Cork Echo !!!

its call the EVENING ECHO!! go look it up way better than that trash you call the evening hearld

what ever tinky with but im not going to fall for your well laid traps :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Henry_14
    Funny you should say that, in the 10 games Cygan has started this season Arsenal have only conceded 4 goals altogether.

Man, United must be really down if Ronaldo7/Michelangelo is predicting an Arsenal win :)

Only an hour to go now, not even this vomiting bug will stop me from going to see this one!

lol, just read this on SkySports.com with an interview with Silvestre :dunno:

"I have known Thierry Henry, in particular, for a long time but I will kick him if I have to, no doubt about that."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Interesting team selections, Who'll be first to walk?
    I,ll go for a 2 1 to united provoided they all stay on the pitch.

Keane & Djemba-Djemba playing for Man Utd, presumeably together in CM although Fergie could play him elsewhere. MU going to play very physically and try and rattle Arsenal by the looks of it.

Arsenal line-up is exactly as I said it would be, Reyes starting with Bergkamp rested.

• Advertisement

0 0 at half time and what a half, I,m knackered just looking at it, the pace of the game is phenomenal. Nothing init and I Hope the second half is as good.

Arsenal had the better of Utd in the first half and they now have the lead. Well done Arsenal. They are the superior team this season because of their unbeaten record but Utd and Arsenal are still the best 2 teams in England.

1 1 at full time. nothing between the teams it could have gone either way.

Roll on next week for installment number 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

1-1 saha in closing moments.

i think it's a fair enough result.

henry's goal was a cracker the flight of the ball was all over the shop lol

very entertaining game and the flare and fire was still there in both sides

fs, what was Wenger doing with those subs, inviting manu onto them. Arsenal should have easily won that by 2 or 3 goals, completely dominated the first hour of the game. GAH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Very exciting game to watch, phenomenal.
    Arsenal maybe just shaved the first half but Utd (after the goal) took the second.

Giggs penalty claim waved away which imo i was a penalty but hard for the ref to see.
    Solskjaer came on and did brilliantly, as did Saha who tapped in the Solskjaer cross for the equalizer. Wenger made some dodgy subs tho imo which might have cost Arsenal the game?

Man Utds defence looked very good and it took a wonder goal from Henry to break the deadlock. Overall a very very happy and slightly relieved Man u fan.

Bring on next week with a start for Solskjaer :D

EDIT:
    Arsenal should have easily won that by 2 or 3 goals, completely dominated the first hour of the game.
    Im sorry but i gotta really disagree with that. No team dominated but you are welcome to your opinion. Shoulda won by 2 or 3? Im confused now.

• Advertisement

I'm confused that you thought the first half was close. Arsenal dominated possession and had so many chances. I think it was 7 shots on goal to Utds 3 at half time. Utds only 2 real chances in the first half were DDs volley and Scholes fluffing it after a great run by Giggs. Arsenal on the other hand had a fairly clear penalty not given because of a bad off side decision, Ljungberg through, Henry through, Reyes through on another occasion, and several other good opportunities. They didn't punish them on the final ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I think a draw was a fair result.

I was very happy with Man United's defense, it did really take a wonder goal(one of the best of the season imo) to break the deadlock.

First half of the game was a total stalemate, I dont know how anyone could say that either side dominated.

Second half of the game was good, with Arsenal getting a goal then Man United going after it, creating chances all over the shop for both sides.

I was very disappointed with Gary Nevilles(YOU CANT CROSS THE BALL), Keanes(who was a ghost for most of the match) and Scholes'(missing two fairly decent chances by slipping) preformance, but quite impressed with Double D

I thought Reyes and Campbal was bad today aswell.

Anyone else amazed that both Henry and Van N, the top best strikers in the premiership, both missed easy enough headers at the end? Couldn't believe Van N didn't score that, and was equally gobsmacked that Henry missed the header

----

The ref was ****e.
    Scholes should not have been booked. Neville and Reyes should have been though right after.

Giggs should have got a peno.

Arsenal shouldn't have gotten the first peno, as there was no way Henry was going to get to the ball and thus by the rules there was no peno.

The second peno chance, againist Reyes, which nobody complained about was a defo peno aswell imo.

**** ref, I want video replay 4th officials

---

Overall was a good game in the second half, boring first half

I admit Arsenal ahd the better chances which is why i said they edged it but they didnt dominate at all. Was end to end stuff really which imo shows there was't really any one side dominating.

What about Keanes chance at the very end of the first half, he should put it away or at least hit the target. Maybe im just so used to seeing my side split open time and time again that i just thought you weren't dominating as the Man u defence looked better (tho by no means perfect).
    Must watch highlights again later :)

Ok one thing: Fletcher. Kick him off the team. He is absolutely crap. Every ball he gave in was terrible. I thought he was pants. I do not want to see him playing on the team again until he learns how to pass a ball. Absolutely **** player for Utd. Definitely not good enough. Send him to Cardiff in div 1.

Saha: totally determined and hard fighting player. Did really well.

Giggs should have had a penalty. Very surprised that wasn't given.

The referee was pants. Highly erratic, disjointed decisions. All over the place. What was he doing? Booking Scholes for that tackle in the first few minutes then letting subsequent ones from G. Neville, Keane, penalty giggs all off etc. Load of bollox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Fair result all-round, I think, although Arsenal made more easy chances. Henry, Ljungberg, and Lauren should all have scored. But the same thing could have been said of Van Nistelrooy in the dying moments, so it balanced itself out.

I think the FA Cup match will be a more open game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

I could go on for pages about chances, decisions etc etc but main thing to come out of that game is well pld to everyone who took part. Unbelievable pace to the game, everyone giving their all, just stunning the way it never let up for 90 mins.
    For a neutral, that has to be one of the games of the season, as an Arsenal fan it made me a nervous wreck :)

Fletcher did all right imo but he's not up to these types of games yet. Was delighted to see Solskjaer come on and combine with Saha for the goal. Man u did look better with him on the right.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Fletcher did all right imo but he's not up to these types of games yet. Was delighted to see Solskjaer come on and combine with Saha for the goal. Man u did look better with him on the right.

I thought his passing was very poor today but time on the ball was at a premium considering the pace of the game. I agree Ole looked the better prospect when he came on but would he be fit enougt to last 90 minutes at that pace. Next weeks match will be interesting as the Villa pitch is wider than highbury which should suit uniteds wide players better.

which should suit uniteds wide players better
    Said exact same thing to my brother during the match after i got a little frustrated that man u were having a bit of toruble finding space. That said everyone had trouble finding space today so i dunno if it will make that much of a difference really :)

I am looking forward to next week tho, must find a good pub to watch it in .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

Look here for some news about an incident in the tunnel after the match. It was to good to be true but in the end Arsenal couldnt get through the match without swinging a few punches.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Henry was just covering up for his own miss. Lauren was right to go for goal. Henry was way behind Lauren anyway.

Henry should have buried that header none the less.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

ah yes the daily mail the bastion of good journalism!!

the meida as usual highlighting th negatives and not one mention yet of their new record that may take another 100 years to break.im not surprised to be honest..they have to write about something now that the erikkson story is now dead, well for a week or so anyway

lauren had a right to go for the shot by all means but i could have made him breakfast in the amount of time he had the chance to shoot for goal, thats what henry was pissed at also, he missed a clear header but donr think he was expecting it to be honest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 SanFranMan

Arsenal want it as much as Man Utd as obviously they're going for all 3trophies and giving a game away to man utd coz they dont care is a ridiculous assumption.

Wasnt assuming Arsenal would give the game away, am suggesting that United are still capable of overturning Arsenal when their chins are up. Its not that controversial really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    I've gone for a draw in the Premiership and United to win in the FA cup
    :);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Good call eirebhoy!!

• Advertisement

Having voted for all 6 options I feel partially vindicated ;)

Originally posted by kaids
    Having voted for all 6 options I feel partially vindicated

Nothing like hedging your bets :D ... I can't remember if I voted, but the FA Cup was always the most important of the 2 for me ... Only trophy we're still about for!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Remember the days when "the fa cup is just a mickey mouse cup really, much better to play exhibition matches in the world club cup instead" ?

Funny that ;)

Originally posted by Dustaz
    Remember the days when "the fa cup is just a mickey mouse cup really, much better to play exhibition matches in the world club cup instead" ?

But if you asked the United fans which was more important, IMO the majority would have given the 2 fingers to Brazil in favour of the FA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by LoneGunM@n
    But if you asked the United fans which was more important, IMO the majority would have given the 2 fingers to Brazil in favour of the FA Cup.

I seem to remember a fair few saying "pfft, its a mickey mouse, much rather be playing the best in the world" ..... (best in the world in that tourney, lol :) )

True a lot said it but since man u had nothing else this season you can forgive the fans for going mad about the win :D

I agree that there was a fair few saying it, but I wasn't 1 nor were the majority of fans :D

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    True a lot said it but since man u had nothing else this season you can forgive the fans for going mad about the win

I can't believe I'm going to say this, but it's a great win for us because we became the first UK team [don't know if Arsenal were beaten in Europe] to beat Arsenal this season :rolleyes:

Well theres always that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by LoneGunM@n
    I can't believe I'm going to say this, but it's a great win for us because we became the first UK team [don't know if Arsenal were beaten in Europe] to beat Arsenal this season :rolleyes:
    Boro.

*Doh :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Great game at times, Arsenal didn't look up for it, but that takes nothing away from Utd who totally knocked em out of their stride.

Don'tthink any arsenal fan can make any excuses, Utd were better on the day.

I'm really glad Utd went through, if Sunderland go through tomorrow the final will be an absoluet cracker.

MCarthy & McAteer Vs. Fergie and Keane

Ohhhh this is what football is all about!

Originally posted by syke
    MCarthy & McAteer Vs. Fergie and Keane

Wonder what odds the bookies are giving for Keano getting sent off for kicking McAteer into the air & then doing a Cantonaesque kung fu kick into the Sunderland dugout?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭markomac316

gotta be very high prob prob about the same odds as Man Utd are to win the f.a cup now :P

Tho I hope Mc Carthy would kick him back break his hip and jump on him until the traitor died, all with the help of Jason McAteer.

Man Utd home of the traitors, Keane and Miller.

Man Utd home of the traitors, Keane and Miller.
    Bitterness, its a terrible thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Originally posted by B-K-DzR in this thread
    Bitterness, its a terrible thing.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR in other Man U - Arsenal thread
    yes yes im bitter/jealous

As you no doubt know ;)

It can be but i realise im slightly bitter which makes it ok :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

SCHOLES!!!!!!! WHAT DID I SAY BEST MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD MAYBE? :D:D