Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New menu item in Nokia 3400 after porting to Meteor?

• 25-03-2004 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 43

Got my number ported to Meteor yesterday and a new Menu item appeared. It's called "Meteor" and has stuff like "Your Links", "Messaging", etc in it. I was playing around with it yesterday and under "Messaging" it has "Flash" and "Delayed". I couldn't get them to do anything.

Can anyone tell what exactly this new menu does?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Some SIM cards include a set of "Operator Services" settings that you can access from the main menu of handsets that support them.

the services are defined by each operator and usually include ways of setting up things like SMS alerts, or links to dial directory services etc...

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Meteor introduced an enhanced sim last November that has flash messaging and delayed messaging.
    Flash enables you to text someone and the message just pops up on their screen without them having to open the message.
    The functions are not working on your meteor sim?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Kid Icarus

The functions are not working on your meteor sim?

Well, no.

I can go into the menus, write a message and even send a message. Once I dial in the number I want to send to the phone asks me if it's okay to send a message. I select "ok" and a few moments later it tells me the message has been sent. But it never arrives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Mr-X

I had the same problem and was getting charged for theses texts they are 15c each and I think when you go into the menus you get charged as well 9c each??
    You need to phone them and tell them and they'll set you up.
    But is it really worth it..... 15c plus for a text......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Kid Icarus

Well I phoned them and they sent me out another new SIM card. Same problem, different card.

Is it really any use though? If I did get it working, what could I actually do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement