Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick question re: custom playlist

Options
  • 25-03-2004 3:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭

hey,

when one is playing online/lan, if you have a custom playlist, can the others hear the music if they are in the vehicle with you?

or

do they hear the corrosponding selection in their own playlist?

I ask cos I'm in the middle of getting the GoodMorningVietnam OST and the FMJ OST and when i go home at the weekend i'd like to play a lan with both of us hearing the same tune

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

no,if you have custom songs, the other ppl will only hear the default 1's coming from your vehicle.:)

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

cheers.

np in just throwing them into the custom folder on the pc aswell.

would be nice tho if it did play the corrosponding selection in the passengers playlist :)

perhaps in a patch? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Dice ruled out ever having this in Multiplayer for the following reason. To stream an MP3 across a network it needs 15 -> 25kb/s. Thats a lot of be constantly streaming, particularly in internet games.

They might be4 tempted to allow it in Lan games but I doubt it. Its not like the ingame oens arnt good. They are bloody classics. Although some Rolling Stones and Jimmy Hendrix wouldnt go amiss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I think you might have missed what i meant...

eg. if playerA plays song A from his playlist, playerB will hear song A from his playlist [assuming he has a custom playlist]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Yes, Its all to with the corresponding letters.

If you play song "F" in your playlist, the other players will hear song "F" in their playlist. If you have no custom playlist it will paly whatever the default "F" song is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement