Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Favourite Aliens

• 25-03-2004 3:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Which?

Coolest Aliens? 21 votes

The Dominion
    0% 0 votes
    Klingons
    4% 1 vote
    Romulans
    19% 4 votes
    Ferengi
    28% 6 votes
    Bajorans
    0% 0 votes
    Vulcans
    9% 2 votes
    Binars
    4% 1 vote
    Borg
    0% 0 votes
    Kazon
    33% 7 votes
    Hirogen
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

Breen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

hehe I don't really like them ww)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i'm a fan of the dominion i have to say from the warrior jem hadar to the slimey vorta and founders you gotta love em

who the hell are the last too though?

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    Jesus! I'm glad someone said that. Thought I missed a whole series or something. I've never heard of the Binars either, I think.

Quite like the way the Dominion are all divided up into groups alright. That's pretty much all I like about them though. Hate the jem hadar.

[Off topic: I was watching that ep of DS9 the other day where Quarks mother was taken prisoner by the Dominion. Noticed that Iggy Pop played the Vorta in it. I've seen it before, and I never knew it was him. He was pretty good, I thought.]

aye i think its the bynars, you know the aliens that go around in pairs and are great at interfacing with computers. they are in an early TNG episode maybe second season, called something like 10011001010.. you get the idea, its possibley the episode where riker gets attracted to minuet on the holodeck

data

• Advertisement

Ah yeah. Remember now. Binars. Clever name.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I like the Devore great guys its one of my faverate voyager eps

Breen are great so are dominion

hehe I could only remember 8 so I made up the last 2 ;) the great Kestars have a vote!! ww)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Renegade_Archer

Has to be the Romulans. Sneaky, ruthless bastards.

Hey id like to welcome you to baords.ie Doctor Funfrock Its your first day and like me when it was my first day i posed allot aswell, if people start slagging you over your post count per day just ignore them.

I also used to think the kazon where quite good, there HUGE mothership/carrier ships

• Advertisement

damn i forgot the kazon they rocked!!!! big ships that took so much punishment!!

the imogen (or whatever, the hunter guys) were deadly too! ww)

theres 10, oh well

poll edited.

welcome to boards also and specifically the star trek forum

data

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Q ..........their god's nuff said

the Q are boring

I will agree with data that the dominion are brillent, there one of my faverate, its sooo hard to pick.

But remember all those gemhadar saying and very good founder quotes

Gem1:I am dead, you are all dead we go into battle to reclaim our lives

Gem1:Our death is glory to the founders (then they try to win a unwinable battle)

Gem1:Victory is Life!

Kira: This war is over, Youve lost.
    Founder: Have I? I think you will find that neither the gemhadar or the breen will agree with that assesment, They will fight to the last man
    Kira: And what will that accomplase?
    Founder:Isent it obvisous? You maty win this war but when it is ove ri promise you, You will have lost sooo many ships soooo many lives that your victory will taste as bitter as defeat.

Amazing script i hope the Xindi script gets good like that in the end.

WAIT I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING

Since the breen signed a alliance/joined the dominion dosent that mean that when we vote for the dominin we are voting for the breen aswell?
    Ok then i say sominion is the best race.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I went for the Bajorans, saw a cool Next Generation episode with them recently. At least I think they were Bajorans..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭bus77

Got the most buzz from the klingons over the years so they are the winna

cybermen rock!:D
    markV_5.jpg

Originally posted by Kalina
    I went for the Bajorans, saw a cool Next Generation episode with them recently. At least I think they were Bajorans..

kalina you let me down you really were my woman, likes F1, final fantasy in the sig and then you said the bajorans i'm afraid there is no hope for us now :)

seriously though, lieutenant ro in TNG was good, but the whole religious aspect of the bajorans in DS9 did my head in. i especially hated kai winn, though louise fletcher i think it was played the role well.

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

Borg tbh ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Originally posted by Dataisgod

Their both delta quad races (i fare theres little hope for the little one)
    the Q are boring

Been watching the same show as the rest of us have we ? :D No Q no Borg No Q no er...other **** like woodstock and what not

Q is by far the best Q though no other Q can compear to Q ....My god i really do like Q

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Aren't we forgetting the Cardasians? They've featured heavily in all the Trek series.. except Enterprise, but that doesn't count.. ha...

I am impressed by the Andorians in Enterprise though, any alien played by Jeffery Combs is going to be great.

yeah as bizmark suggested the andorians should be developed more, we know very little about them and i'm a fan of jeffrey combs also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Out of the list I had to go with the Borg though...

if you forget Star Trek Voyager ever happened to them, then they are a pretty great creation...

although I was never too sure about the concept of the Borg Queen.. it sort of ruined the idea of the collective... But Alice Krige was very good.

the borg queen was used in the film to give the borg a face so to speak someone that personified the borg and an actual villain to beat instead of the apparently mindless drones, i thought it worked well tbh

data

Advertisement