Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anelka - Headcase or just misunderstood

• 25-03-2004 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Doesn't Saha still have a niggling injury?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Doesn't Saha still have a niggling injury
    Nah, he's just not good enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I think Santini does hold grudges, himslef and Malbranque didn't get on a Lyon so Malbranque was sold to Fulham. Malbranque is doing enough in the premiership to deserve at least a call to the French squad but he doesn't get it. It's a pity becuase he is a class player.

The fact that Marlet gets in being a Fulham reject shows how wrong it is. I know Marlet is a striker but he normally plays deep on the right for France, Steed could play that roll far better.

I think we should find an Irish grandparent for Steed Malbranque.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

He is a total headcase. Always was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

I think we should find an Irish grandparent for Steed Malbranque
    Reverse his name around like all the refugees are doing - Mal Steed, fairly Irish that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Originally posted by smiaras
    Isn't he trying to claim Belgian heritage at the moment?

He tried but apparently Belgium won't take someone if they've played underage for another country, "Mal Steed" (works for me :) )has played for all the underage French sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Saha wasn't included because he hasn't played recently because of an achilles injury. Hes even a doubt for the Arsenal v Man U match this weekend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

A head case for sure but when on his game what a player. I suppose him and henry would be to similar to be a accomodated in the same team but defences wouldn,t relist the prospect of facing the pace of both of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Dr Bolouswki

I'm a Man City fan and I'd have to call Anelka a genius.

There has been noise that he will be leaving us in the summer, basically because the club is not doing well enough, and tbh I would wish him well and say thanks for the memories. he is total class on the ball, perfect poise and movement, great technical skill and his pace is phenomenol (pity he's always offside)...

He has not thrown many (any?) wobblies at City, and I think gets a hard time from the press because 'bad boy' stories sell papers...

He works hard for the team, is a class act and if you could throw the 'baggage' aside, i think would fit into any top managers side...

I don't think he's a headcase at all. All he needs is a strong friendly manager (Wenger for instance) and he just gets on with it. I think his relationship with Keegan is good, but in fairness the team has hugely underperformed this season and I don't resent the fact that Anelka might want to leave...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭qwertyup

I'd go with headcase, with the potential to be one of the top strikers in Europe.

Apperently he went through a period around january refusing to talk to anyone but the french-speaking players at city. Always good for communication that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

He's settled down quite a bit sijnce his early days at Arsenal but I still think he has some 'issues'.

Advertisement