Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool vs Marseille

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Roma are out Newcastle are cruising through, Owen was injured. Carragher is not 100% either.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

Cool I hope Liverpool score against Monaco, i'd like them to win

Celtic are through! Damn!! The ref blew 3 mins early..

Liverpool may be only British team not to qualify...sniff.

3 mins extra-time, Heskey header goes over.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by mike65
    Celtic are through! Damn!! The ref blew 3 mins early..

Liverpool may be only British team not to qualify...sniff.

Mike.

*sighs*

bound to happen :(

GH...:rolleyes:

perhaps Ranieri...

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

dont think they will do it.....hope to be proved wtong....c'mon Hypia

O'Neill = perfect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Davexirl

how longs left on the clock now

Inter Milan who play the winner are through. 1 min left.

Mike.

thats it see ya next year!!!! in CL with any luck

• Advertisement

Its all over :(

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by irish1
    liverpool to lose 2-1

lol, should have out money on it.

Stupid biscan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

its a pity in a way we didn't lose by more... at least then GH might get forced out. As a lifelong supporter all I can say is I don't care about the UEFA cup... I just want to see GH gone. Lovely guy but he hasn't a clue what he's at. He always has some excuse. Was it the moon in the wrong cycle this time or something? Get rid of himself and PT. They're both as bad as each other.

poor mr houiller, i hope he does not take the loss to heart and continues to work hard on the improvements he has made at liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Xero

Ok so houllier still has his job because the board think he'll get us into the CL......so

if he DOES get us to the CL....what chance is there of winning it when we cant beat

marseille in the UEFA cup? enough is enough at this stage. someone give mr.

cappello the directions to anfield pls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Heskey scored a good goal we were all over them then all of a sudden a moment of madness by Biscan and pure ****ing undefendable stupidity/blindness from the Linesman and referee give a penalty. TOTAL ****ING BULL**** stupid pair of ****. **** is to good a word for them. Yes Biscan deserved to go for a stuipd professional last man foul but how they can give a penalty for a "challenge" that was clearly outside outside of the box. What the hell is the linesmans job.

Second half a good unmarked header for Marseille then it was all more or less over bar a miracle. So pissed off at the officials pair of ****ing twats, that ref I think was the one who gave Real a penalty for less than what happened tonight against Valencia a few weeks ago, he should look at an alternate career. ****ing ****

And yes im pissed off ;)

Also Barthez recieves more protection that george bush. He fell inside his own goal line and somehow with no Liverpool player tackling him when he caught it managed to get a free out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

speechless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

holy ****.

What happened? I didn't see the match but how did Liverpool lose?

disilliusioned..at least the celts won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭donny

We should not be struggling to beat Marseille. GH can have no excuses. He's the one who signed Biscan. He's the one who keeps playing him despite one clanger after another. He even plays him out of position too.

Houllier has had more than enough money to spend and has wasted practically all of it. He can have no excuses at all. I know there are a couple of injuries at the moment but nothing worse than any other club has to deal with right now. He just has to go.... we're moving further away from Utd, Arsenal the longer he's there. 4th is just not good enough which we'll be lucky to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

not surprised by the result...

I dont think we should be blaming Biscan... GH picked him...

everyone knows Henchoz should be playing..

ah well... looking forward to next season... and hopefully a new manager <fingers and toes crossed>

• Advertisement

I have been looking forward to the next season for the last 5 years......C'mon...sack the gobsheen

Originally posted by dwayneburke
    I have been looking forward to the next season for the last 5 years......C'mon...sack the gobsheen

I was just about to say the same thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, lol

Man Utd Fan:D :D:D:D

stayed in europe longer than Man U albeit i admit in the poor mans league....BTW look at yer own manager....alzeimers starting to set in.....downfall is nigh

and he just got a pacemaker

I thought you had to have a heart to get a pacemaker?

sack houllier??? why??

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Originally posted by Doctor Funfrock
    sack houllier??? why??

Hehe, hope your taking the pis$ man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by Ronan|Raven
    Heskey scored a good goal we were all over them then all of a sudden a moment of madness by Biscan and pure ****ing undefendable stupidity/blindness from the Linesman and referee give a penalty. TOTAL ****ING BULL**** stupid pair of ****. **** is to good a word for them. Yes Biscan deserved to go for a stuipd professional last man foul but how they can give a penalty for a "challenge" that was clearly outside outside of the box. What the hell is the linesmans job.

Second half a good unmarked header for Marseille then it was all more or less over bar a miracle. So pissed off at the officials pair of ****ing twats, that ref I think was the one who gave Real a penalty for less than what happened tonight against Valencia a few weeks ago, he should look at an alternate career. ****ing ****

And yes im pissed off ;)

Also Barthez recieves more protection that george bush. He fell inside his own goal line and somehow with no Liverpool player tackling him when he caught it managed to get a free out.

Sure doesn't it all equal out over the season.;)

I didn,t see the match so won't comment on the decisions . Hard Luck to the Pool anyway .

Ill equal you! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Wasnt a peno/sending off but as was said, cant complain cos it equals itself out over the season. We werent good enough <full stop>

Please Gerard if you do love liverpool like you say, leave now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭TheC0CK

Owen - Unleash your potential and show the world how good you are - Leave LIVERPOOL NOW.

Gerrard - For the sake of showing how good of a midfielder you can be - Leave Liverpool now.

Kewell - "Man Utd are at the end of their era". Ye right buddy!!! Look at the state of the team you joined. End of an era? not even close. End of a club would be close enough.

GH - For the sake of football - leave now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

It Hurts to say this .. Been a Liverpool Supporter since i was 5, now 25.
    Biscan was ritefully sent off !! If the last man fouls he has to go .
    It was outside the box and the ref will see that in the replayed match but what good is hindside. We were not good enough to brush off Olympic Marseille , not by any means the team that Shocked Milan in 93. Gerard Houllier if you love the club as much as you say you do then can you please pass the rope to someone else. I appreicate what you have done for us but recognise that you cant bring us any further in our goal to compete for the premiership every year because this is what liverpool fans want and as used to. We were lost without you and you brought us glory. thanks for that but its the premiership we wait for , with still have the painful memories of Micheal Thomas nicking the winner in our minds. Please Gerard we salute you for your efforts, but can you please move aside and let another person have a go at trying to may Liverpool ( A Big Club - Dont Care what any Man Yoo or Gunner has to say) a successful club again
    Au Revoir Gerard ... Thanks Again for your efforts
    Watman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Really f*cking p*ssed off after that game last night. Liverpool had the beating of Marseille with 11 men and still had the beating of them with 10 - if only the team had believed that they might be through now. Marseille are sh*t.

Once Biscan is on the field the oposition always have a chance:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

As the channel 5 commentator said last night it was hard luck that a peno was given. Biscan should not even been picked in the starting 11. Henchoz is a far better defender.

We should have wrapped this tie at anfield. Its good that we got dumped out now otherwise Inter Milan would have trashed us!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭Mocrie14

I'm a passionate Pool supporter but in a way I'm glad we were beaten last night. A victory would have just papered over the cracks. If we don't beat Leicester on Sunday (it'll be a draw), Houllier HAS to go. As much as I admire him, he does not have what it takes to bring the Pool up to the next level and I'm fed up listening to him saying he's proud of his players and blaming everyone else for their bad results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

I can't stress it enough but the man has to go .....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Originally posted by Bazbu
    I'm a passionate Pool supporter but in a way I'm glad we were beaten last night. A victory would have just papered over the cracks. If we don't beat Leicester on Sunday (it'll be a draw), Houllier HAS to go. As much as I admire him, he does not have what it takes to bring the Pool up to the next level and I'm fed up listening to him saying he's proud of his players and blaming everyone else for their bad results.

I hear your hurt ..... but your spot on when it comes to Houlier pointing blame everywhere bar himself ... last nights blame was with the Ref !!

The man has to understand that as Manager , the buck stops with him ... they are his team , his signings , his tactics / gameplans so therefore his results. Stop looking to point finger Gerard - take a look in the mirror

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

One thing about Houllier is he doesnt seem to do anything to inspire his players.

there is no passion shown on the touchline.

anyone remeber the episode of faking it where this software engineer had 4 weeks to train to become a soccer manager and try to dupe 3 judges into believing he was a soccer manager. ell if Houllier was up against him the all judges would have voted Houllier as the fake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

this tie should have been wrapped up at Anfield. Bring in King Kenny now till the end of the season and unleash him in the new season unless we get O'Neill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭shotamoose

Originally posted by donny
    GH can have no excuses.

No, he's got loads of excuses:
    Liverpool boss Gerard Houllier blamed the referee as his side crashed out of the Uefa Cup with defeat to Marseille.

"It was a very harsh decision, and the wrong one. If he did something wrong, he did it outside the area," he said.

"I felt the incident was three or four yards outside the box and the referee actually played advantage. What would be have done had they scored? It was a dubious decision.

"If we had been dominated, I would have said, okay, but we were in control and would have gone on to win.

"I saw something happen, but it was well outside the box and maybe should have been just a free-kick - but a penalty and a red card is two bad decisions.

That's just pathetic. Yes it was outside the box, but it was a foul and he deserved to be sent off. Why was he playing ahead of Henchoz in the first place? GH's attitude seems to be that since Liverpool dominated the first quarter they should be awarded the win.

It's just sad, he's not doing himself any favours with this self-pitying waffling. Put him out of his misery!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Give Ranieri the Liverpool job for next season if O Neill doesnt get it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

GH came out with one excuse too many last night . After the FA cup loss at Portsmouth he blamed the linesman. Has he forgotten about 'Pools penalty against Sunderland (I think) in the Treble year. McAllister was way outside the box when fouled but slide into the box. These decisions come and go but the players, tactics are there all the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm not a Liverpool supporter, but I still like the club. I feel a bit depressed though when I find myself desperately hoping they will lose to Leicster on Sunday, just so Houllier will get the sack. I'm sure my Liverpool-supporting mates aren't too impressed by my delight recently when teams score against them.

Who cares how he goes, as long as he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by mr_angry
    I'm not a Liverpool supporter, but I still like the club. I feel a bit depressed though when I find myself desperately hoping they will lose to Leicster on Sunday, just so Houllier will get the sack. I'm sure my Liverpool-supporting mates aren't too impressed by my delight recently when teams score against them.

Who cares how he goes, as long as he goes.

Hunt the bastard down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Ah give him another couple of Years , sure it took fergie 7 years to win the league at United. Get rid of him now and the pool might live to regret it .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Washout
    Give Ranieri the Liverpool job for next season if O Neill doesnt get it :)
    Amen to that. I was unlucky enough to see the second half last night and quite frankly I didn't see anything that would merit them winning the tie. Maybe they had a good half hour at the start but that's no comfort if the goals aren't taken.

Biscan deserved to go and maybe it shouldn't have been a penalty but that's just swings and roundabouts. The tie was level at that stage and if they had the bottle they could have at least taken it to extra time.

I want GH to leave at this stage, I've put too much unrepaid faith in him at this stage. The only problem is I also want us to qualify for the CL and maybe he won't leave if we get there - winning the competition being one of his ambitions (laughable isn't it?). The worst case which is quite possible is that we don't get into CL and GH remains - I see this as quite likely that's why I'm not hoping for us to not qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭yom 1

the only thing Liverpool will regret is if Igor "i'm the worst fookin player in the WORLD ever " Biscan plays again for liverpool

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It does boggle the mind when Henchoz who played so well and has a great understanding with Hyppia is constanlty left on the bench. Oh and the worst of all which really pissed me off this year was to see Semi Otstembor be loaned out after all the potential he showed :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Igor does it again. Houllier must be the only person in the world who thinks Biscan deserves a placed in a professional football team. If his body language on the pitch is anything to go by, I dpn't even think Igor himself thinks that he warrants a place in the team. Arghhh!

Stupid Houllier. And fine, it wasn't a peno. But still, the defending that led to the peno was appalling, so blaming the officials is just a trademark Houllier cop-out. When will he ever accept responsibility for his own (and his team's) shortcomings?

Refereees will always make poor decisions. They're only human. It happens to every team at some stage (Valencia being a perfect example). The way Houllier goes on at times, you'd swear the refs of the world were conspiring against him. They're not. So deal with it Gerard. Actually, deal with it at another club, you waste of skin!

Both himself and Moores should go. They're too stubborn for the godd of the club. Houllier insists on sticking by flops like Biscan and Traore, and below par players like Heskey because he is too proud to admit he got it wrong with them and almost all his transfer signings (there are of course a few exceptions - Hyppia, Henchoz, Hamann etc.
    ). Moores is just as stubborn for sticking with GH. Too proud to admit his reign is turning into a colossal failure and a regression.

AArrrgggghhhhh! They make me so mad!!! :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement