Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband - Wireless setup at home ??

• 25-03-2004 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have got broadband from Esat and am thinking of setting it up so that I can have wireless access in my house.

I am thinking of buying a 3com wireless access point and a 3com wireless pc card.

Has anyone set this up at home and is it as simple as connecting the cable from the broadband router into the access point.

Will the wireless card pick up the signal automatically or is there configurations to be done.

Any help or assistance would be much appreciated. Apoligises if this has already been dealt with somewhere else in this section.

I also have a 3com office connect which I have the cable from the broadband router connecting into at the moment and out of that i have my pc connect, was thinking of having wireless here also.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭redzer007

I went for a adsl modem\router\wireless access point in one.

Belkin Router etc.

3Com wireless card.

both 802.11g (54mbps)

I have no gateway PC so the ADSL connects directly to the modem\router and that acts as a server for the other machines to connect to (up to 64 wireless connections)

Have a look at http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143790 and the rest of the wireless forum

best of luck, and its pretty easy and cheap

but read up on security or all your tech savvy neighbours will be stealing your BB

Red

Advertisement