Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New C-Mod: Nero or Hanza you decide

• 25-03-2004 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Nero or Hanza 23 votes

Nero
    0% 0 votes
    Hanza
    100% 23 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

just so were all clear when does this run till?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Well as stated in the last thread.

Recognition of spoilers of either RAW/SD! or PPVs need a good watching over, thats what started this off in the first place.

Muppet posts to be either edited or deleted instead of carrying on pointless feuds. Bans should not be required?

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭Davey Devil

Hanza's getting his ass handed to him - come on man at least put up a fight - it reminds me of another crappy Goldberg squash match.

• Advertisement

Second wind?
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

Erm..... usually the mod gets to pick his co-mod or the admins decide....
    I don't think I've ever seen anyone pay attention to a poll

i reckon both nero & hanza should both cut a promo to help sway undecided voters.

Yet you still voted ;)
    Besides, it's a laugh and we're well aware that bombers can pick whoever he wants.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭NinjaBart

Originally posted by NeroTheExtreme
    Yet you still voted ;)
    I didn't actually :)

• Advertisement

I'm gonna cause an Internet riot if the winner isn't inducted into Co-Modship - you just watch me.

Well guess what? I won't know the score for an hour as my time in work is up!
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

Nero!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

I think that Raw and SD! spoilers should be stickied,being updaetd every week-rather than having new threads each week. Just a thought,anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

How come we now have two polls for a new mod?

I don't think Hanza would be a good mod. Nothing against the guy but I know he doesn't watch SD/Raw until Friday/Saturday so he can't really look through the posts for spoilers, or will be reluctant to, whereas at least Nero can/will.

Originally posted by NightStrike
    How come we now have two polls for a new mod?

I don't think Hanza would be a good mod. Nothing against the guy but I know he doesn't watch SD/Raw until Friday/Saturday so he can't really look through the posts for spoilers, or will be reluctant to, whereas at least Nero can/will.

My bright idea. At around 1am this morning, i suggested to Davey for the poll. However i didn't expected it to be posted up five minutes later, and in the haste, Hanza was left out. One of the very few times he was on the board.

So after Hanza, understandbly a little disappointed, and the rest of us feeling like complete sh|t things had gone had turned out the way they had, i was losing the poll at the time and actually didn't think i'd catch back up, so i suggested the winner of the poll should be put in a second poll with Hanza to make things fair.

Everyone agreed. But it's kinda backfired on me cos it's me he's going against now and we're neck and neck at 7-7 at this point in time. ;)

Oh and for my announcement.
    I would like to introduce whosurpaddy as my campaign manager. And for the campaign?

WHO BETTAAA THAN NewoTheExtweeem?

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Im just home from work. This is moving pretty fast.

Im actually kinda stoaked. This is really cool of all you guys, and without sounding corney, Nero since it was his idea.

Nightwish, regarding what you said, this is the only week I didnt cheak the raw spoilers cos of the draft. Any other week Im in there as soon as smarias has it up, and replying like a possesed man.

If im picked, Im gonna do all the stuff we were all talking about. But Im gonna make sure everyone has their say and not in anyway shape or form stop anyone from expressing thme self on any of their own views.

Nero man, u are a worthy opponent. Best of luck to ya man...

Hanza

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

About banning muppets: I would've thought that anyone who comes in here spouting **** and just generally being obnoxious should get a one week ban. That means that if they're serious about posting here, they'll have a week away to cool off and then hopefully return in better spirits. There have been a couple of posters who started off being annoying and then relaxed into being regular contributors. So a week ban would make them think "if I continue being a knob, I won't get to post there at all"
    And if they have no interest in posting here ("wrestling is for losers") then the week ban would discourage them from returning. And if they did return and still posted ****, then it'd be a modification of baseball with a 'two strikes and you're out' permanent ban.

That's just my view. We need a Big Boss Man mod ;)

• Advertisement

Well,hanza just wanna say sorry coz i voted for Nero!! But best of luck to both competitors and,as J.R would say "This should be a slobberknocker!!"

Why is this so close?

Davey, when are you calling this quits again. Tommorow at noon was it?

Hanza

Freedom of speech man... Vote away!

Im bummed now, I voted for Nero! :D

Hanza

Originally posted by Hanza
    Freedom of speech man... Vote away!

Im bummed now, I voted for Nero! :D

Hanza

I returned the vote earlier as well eventho i knew i was only one point up levelling it, which might explain some thing..

I'd love to know who is BigShot who casted a vote eventho he was only created today. :)

Nero

Suspicious....

Sssh, don't say that, they could have voted for me! ;)
    Jesus, the poll shot up! Thanks for your votes guys!

Nero :)

Jeez nero...how many people did you bribe???

Oy! Thems be fighting words!
    The night time crowd seem to be coming in i guess.

Nero

Originally posted by Hanza
    Why is this so close?

Davey, when are you calling this quits again. Tommorow at noon was it?

Hanza

I believe we agreed on 12am tomorrow night - let everyone get a chance to vote.

• Advertisement

Every time i look it goes higher!

You're eyes are going then mate ;) It's been 15-9 for the last 15 minutes.
    Nero

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I believe we agreed on 12am tomorrow night - let everyone get a chance to vote.

Not that i'm trying to rush the poll, but usually Fridays are dead from 5pm onwards and dont resume. Due to the amount of people who access boards from work and stuff.

Nero

im hereby launching neros slogan

VOTE FOR HAKU and............

haku2.jpg

Wahaha WHO BETTA THAN HAKU???!!!
    Nero

Do yall wanna close it then at 12 tonight?

I think youve won Nero. So we might aswell call it a day. I just had a deadly game of cs (and i trounced Gonzo score I moight add ;)) So Im in a good mood.

You won Nero... Congrats...

Hanza

• Advertisement

Well tbh Hanza i don't mind, i've had an absolute blast all day in this. And if ya wanna say i won, so be it. I'll gladly accept.

At the end of the day, bombidol can turn around and say, nah i'll have Cianan2 as his right hand man. It's his decision at the end of the day.

I had a good time, which is what the board is all about at the end of the day,
    Right?

Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I'd have no particualar prob with either of you guys being mod.

Just out of interest, do mods still post in discussion or are they not allowed??

As in does bombidol not post coz he can't or that he isn't arsed?
    Obviously if this is the case then it would be the end of Nero/hanza!

Also is it a secret ballot???How do you know if someone has voted twice/more?

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Also if someone is actually willing to run a fantasy/alternate WWE on a weekly basis that could be cool and should be made a sticky instead of getting lost in various threads.

Technically ya can't vote twice, ya go back and it'll tell you you've already posted.
    Unless ya post under a different nick. But there's no dirty play going on :)

As Hanza said earlier, he has passed the torch, so the voting is over. Thanks to everyone who made it the laugh that it was.

If bombidol does mod me, it's not going to stop me from posting. Mods generally still post (check out the likes of the After Hours or Personal Issues board) anyway, it just means that if there are trolls or muppet posts, there'll be an extra hand to deal with them and keep the board peaceful.

Bombers it's a case of neither from what i gather, his band are busy (especially with the introduction of their new bassist according to recent journal postings), and that takes a little getting used to, speaking from someone who's been in a similar situation, music is so overrated but try telling me that when I was 17! ;) So that's his main priority. Guess real life has to get in the way somewhere.

Smiaras mentioned stickys, which i too think is a good idea. But lets not get ahead of ourselves, lets wait and see what happens :)

Nero

• Advertisement

PM sent to bombers.
    Nero

wow a new avatar to go along with the new position nero. very respectible

ya no where it says no life under ur nick, ya gotta have that changed to emperor now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭Skud

I didn't get to vote :/ I think if you are putting in stickeys you should avoid the crap, like in a links sticky some guy might comment on "That's a great site" etc.
    The spoilers thing needs to be addressed without doubt. Maybe a divas nudy section? (That'd be fun) Seriously though the poll should have lasted a week or so, but Nero prob still would have won

Does anyone feel like we have a clique thing going on here?

Me, Simaras, and Nero with a hand full of others seem to be running the forum anyway. Congrats Nero. I still think we should have had a ladder match with a lap top hanging from the hoop, who ever got it would be the champ :) But hey, cant win em all.

Nice avatar Nero. Rock on teh Q3 Arena :D

Hanza

It's not so much that it's a clique thing (f*ckin' hate that term!), We just have no lives and spend the better part of the weekdays on this board cos theres bugger all else to do.

The quiz being a sticky is cool, long may it run i say. :)
    As for the new avatar, i just got bored, i'll probably switch it again soon (hey, look how many times smiaras has changed his! Almost as many times as he's changed sig!) ;)

Nero

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I'm gonna cause an Internet riot if the winner isn't inducted into Co-Modship - you just watch me.

where's that riot davey. nothings changed from where im sitting. :rolleyes: aint that a surprise

well done dave

• Advertisement
Advertisement