Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 182

• 25-03-2004 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Ok so they aren't new but they have a new album out and I really like it. I'm listening to Every Time I Look For You and it's very good. Their music is very american but also quite upbeat and easy to listen to for Rock music. What do you think?

Also Sum 41 are very good too ww)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

The last two albums weren't all that good. Take off your pants and jacket had a few good songs on it. New selftitled one's getting good things said about it, but I'd say it's their worst yet. Chesire Cat, Dude Ranch and Enema were very good though. Buddah's a bit dodgy. Though I like the way it has early versions of some of thier songs. Not much good apart from that. Was pissed off that they cancelled their gig here...

[Sum 41, not as good]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

i liked some songs from the new album.... not the best though

sum 41.... meh, okayish... hell song is my favourite i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Can't get their new single ( I Miss You) out of my head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭0utshined

They're a fun band and I've enjoyed most of the songs I've heard but I saw them last month and they weren't anywhere near as polished as they are on record, unlike Sum41 who were tight when I caught them. Aside from that, they do write some catchy tunes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

I gained new respect for Sum 41 the time I heard them play at that Metallica tribute thing on MTV. They kicked ass. Guitarist guy is way too good to be in the likes of Sum 41

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

are blink 182 the same band as blink in the 90's. and did any1 ever hear of blink91, dwark skit band or blink182?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

It's not even funny how much i hate Blink182, what's with the guitarist singing like that is he alright in the head?
    Aren't Blink an Irish band? and that's why Blink 182, have 182 after their name over the head of the Blink name been taken... yes i do watch too much mtv2...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

They got me away from Oasis/Radiohead and sent me down the roar to Pennywise, Minor Threat, NOFX etc. I like their older stuf, but they've completely sold out. Whatever about corporate sponsorship and MTV ratiings. They went to play for those idots in Iraq. I dunno maybe it's not the soldiers' fault they're their, just doin what they're told or something....but jesus christ, a "punk" band goin out for a pay cheque just kills any respect I had for them to begin with :( Really liked enema and Dude Ranch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

:)
    yeah i like blink182 when they were underground
    :
    just like justin timberlake:) :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭colincarnate

Originally posted by loismustdie
    :)
    yeah i like blink182 when they were underground
    :
    just like justin timberlake:) :)

Zing! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I grudgingly admit that I like enema of the state. I freely and happliy admit that I don't like any of their stuff since. Especially their s*ittastic new single. And they're not punk either....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

To bo precise, I would call them pop punk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Blink182 in my opinion were a decent fun punky bank back in the Chesire Cat/Dude ranch Days . Enema of the state was the beginning of the end, no one changes their sound that radically without being slapped into the Greenday mold. They went from a punk band to a pop punk band to just a rock band.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Bruce Campbell

Their new album is great, its so different and not what you'd expect for them. i really like the darker stuff the'yr putting out and i have to say well done to them for that! not theie best album, but not the worst either!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭The jock

if i was asked what kind of music they played i would say happy rock.favorite songs would be all the small things,rock show,i miss you,i'm lost without you and i feel so(box car racer)blink 182 are box car racer.i like the names of the albums as they mean something else e.g take of your pants and jack it! and the the cover on the action album.the anthem part 1 is also good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 joey#10

So blink are popular, it doesnt mean they sold out. I hate that saying, its so old. And the reason blink went to play for the troops was mainly because toms older brother is a soldier, and so it was a big motivation for them to go. toms even wants that new guy john kerry as your next president, i think thats pretty cool. The sooner that other ass is voted out the better! Toms fukin A at singing by the way!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Smu

I love the new album 2. it's the first 1 i ever heard by blink. So far i've got cheshire cat, take off your pants and jacket and dude ranch. The new 1s got a more mature sound which was kind of a let down, but they can't stay 17 4ever! Love Feeling This and I Miss U. Can't wait 4 them 2 play here. Was at the Sum41 gig last year. ****in awesome!:)

Advertisement