Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EatAge

• 25-03-2004 9:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

Where's the best place to eat in the city that I can get to and back up Patrick's hill in an hour? It's just getting really boring. We either go to Luciano's, The old oak, Shelbourne or Cafe Mexicana. Bare in mind that we reeeally don't want to spend more than 7euros for lunch.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dan Lowreys on McCurtain St (next to the Shelbourne) has always done pretty nice lunches. Haven't et in the Met for a while, but that's worth a try too I guess.

Here, you can't be comin' in here askin' questions you know. You might distract people from the dozen or so I asked. :)

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Currans (it's on some side street off North Main St.) down near Le Cheile (sp?). Great food. I recommend the Cajun chiken bagette (sp? again)

Oz is quite nice too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

On the subject of food, it has to be said that the burgers in Manhatten Joe's on Oliver Plunkett Street are the job.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Currans is yummy and has already been mentioned, the Cajun Chicken Baguette is delish man!

I was at Zanzibar last Friday night and thought the food was very nice and you got a large enough serving. It might be a tad more expensive, perhaps 10 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

You can get to subway and back in an hour no bother. I did it alot of the time when I was in bruce without walking at any kind of quick pace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Hmmm all seem a bit far.. We really can't be arsed to cross the river that much.. Manhattan Joe's? How is it I've never seen this establishment? I'm always on Oliver Plunkett.. Where bouts is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

it's the place two doors down from the brog.
    wimpy / burger place / loads of past names

Oh.. that place never looked up to much :dunno:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

Gers Deli down by Hewitt is the job for rolls and stuff..
    What about Kaffkas on maylor street across from smithes ? its nice but not that cheap, havent been there in ages!

• Advertisement

now that I think of it, Harveys Cafe on err Academy st. is quite nice too. They do a mean scampi & chips :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Originally posted by dahamsta
    On the subject of food, it has to be said that the burgers in Manhatten Joe's on Oliver Plunkett Street are the job.

adam

You think?
    We went there for lunch one day a while back. My burger was pretty well burnt and my friends chicken breast or whatever it was was uncooked. She brought it back and they said it was grand, so the service isn't much cop either.

Kafka's = worst food place ever?

Originally posted by Kold
    Kafka's = worst food place ever?

Ahh I dunno if its the worst ever... Haven't been in there for an age though. They have lovely food, especially those HUGE sandwiches, but the one thing I found is that they do get a rather odd crowd in there sometimes. That may have fizzled out by now... or maybe I'm just getting old and less accomodating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

I agree Kold. **** food and **** service really.

I don't know Rebecca Loos but I hope she dies.

Tried Manhattan Joes on Wed, no way that's reachable. Was Ok I suppose.

Originally posted by daveirl
    You can't make it to Manhattan Joes and back in a hour??? What do you do, crawl?
    Some people like to take their time eating.
    Sign of a good shagger apparently ;)

I like to think so anyway.. And top of Patricks Hill to Manhattan Joes, waiting for food and walking back up takes more than an hour.

• Advertisement

No it doesn't.

Yes it does.

Run Forest, run !

Did i mention that we're students... We don't run for food

I never ran anywhere for lunch and i nor anyone in my group of friends had a problem making it to subway and back whilst eating our food there during the hour.

Hours were longer back in your day so

Did i mention that we're students... We don't run for food

You steal it.

Since when do students "do lunch"? Shouldn't you be asking where the nearest pub with student discounts is?

adam

• Advertisement

Tis only secondary school :) not a proper student yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thats no excuse ;)

Shur theres a centra/spar at the end of Patricks Hill. What more culinary delights do you need than a rock hard salad roll?

I know the guy whose parents own that store so I won't badmouth their ****ty food and questionable health issues.

I stole food from the Old Oak once... well... I just didn't pay for it... and I forgot to remind them that I hadn't...

We drink down Brannigans on Thursday nights... happy hour :D

I know the guy whose parents own that store so I won't badmouth their ****ty food and questionable health issues.
    Not to mention their sky-high prices.. unless things have changed since the days I paid over 3 quid for a bottle of coke and a mars bar.

Well it's not that expensive but it's expensive considering the quality and that sometimes it smells of cat urine.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by dahamsta
    Since when do students "do lunch"? Shouldn't you be asking where the nearest pub with student discounts is?

adam
    Christ, I didnt know any pubs do a student discount. Dont go out much in Cork in fairness. Mainly because my class are a shower of cnuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement