Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the Icarus Line.

Options
  • 25-03-2004 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭

For anybody interested, their new, apparently fantastic, album is out here late April. Any fans out there?

Also, while I'm at it, any fans of Will Haven or the Blood Brothers around?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I heard all the hype around this band, and read some of thier mouthy interviews proclaiming themselves as some kind of new saviours of rock, downloaded a song or two, and found out that thier actually a pretty mediocre, fairly dull band. At least from what i heard anyway :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Look forward to hearing it. Great live band too. :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

I saw blood brothers play Temple Bar Music Centre. A bit too complicated for my liking but amazing musicians and they really were goin at it in front of a crowd of no more than 20. i spent my bus money buying the single....Ambulance VS Ambulance I think, had to walk home. Well worth it tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I saw them play here a year or two back and I quite liked their sludgey sound. "Mono" is pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Three positive responses out of four, that's fantastic!

Deadwing: Each to his/her own, etc etc. However, I'd love to know what songs they were, and what other stuff you do like (for my own peace of mind).

Dregin-x: I know exactly what you mean by complicated, and it's a very nice way of putting it. They're supposed to be shockingly good live though, I should have went to that gig.

Freak Scenery: (sorry for not having the right symbols there) I have a couple of the songs off Mono, but I've not heard it properly. Where did they play here?

Einsturzende: I hope you like the album, mainly because, judging by your name, you're bound to have excellent taste in music.

• Advertisement

Hehe! :)

Icarus Line played here twice I think, missed them first time, I was sick I think, then they played about 2 years ago with Shat and Dillinger Escape Plan, oh what a gig that was!! :D:D

That sounds brilliant, you lucky ****e.
    (laughing)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Originally posted by goo
    Where did they play here?

I believe they played a three/four date tour of Ireland in early 2002 and then played with the Dillinger Escape Plan at the TBMC that September. I was at the latter and I remember it being a very, very loud concert.

I remember Shat too. Their LP "Best of Shat" has around 70 songs that clock no more than 2.5 minutes and, well, you can probably imagine what all the song titles are called.

God, what a way to make a living.

Yeah, their drummer was naked with is cock taped between his legs!And the guitarist and singer wore diapers with dildos on their heads, or somethign similar! :D

Originally posted by goo
    Three positive responses out of four, that's fantastic!

Deadwing: Each to his/her own, etc etc. However, I'd love to know what songs they were, and what other stuff you do like (for my own peace of mind).
    Im not too sure, if i remember right i think the song i got was something like "and the sad thing is i belived it". i THINK. I just thought they sounded like your average garage band, sorry!
    As for my own tastes id say Sigur Ros, Trail of dead, Joy division, Melvins, etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Originally posted by goo

Freak Scenery: (sorry for not having the right symbols there) I have a couple of the songs off Mono, but I've not heard it properly. Where did they play here?

Mono = :cool:

First gig was in the Red Box, sponsored by Fructis (the shampoo :eek: ) if I recall correctly, also by No Disco. The Redneck Manifesto played support. Top show by both.

Then there was the TBMC show with DEP and Shat. Slightly more sludgey show that time, reflecting the direction the newer material is due to take methinks.

Deadwing: "As for my own tastes id say Sigur Ros, Trail of dead, Joy division, Melvins, etc etc"

Ha, I love each of those except for the Melvins, and that's probably only because I don't know them.

therecklessone: "First gig was in the Red Box".

Fugazi played there, must be a cool enough place.

Melvins are the rox0r! :D

*agrees with Einsturzende* :D

Goo you should check out the Melvins, for they truly are teh r0x0r!
    Look for songs called Honey bucket, or Hooch.

And if you like those bands Goo or Einsturzende, you should check out Failure too. one of my faves. Maybe ill give icarus line another bash...but i dont like the sound of wearing dildos on thier heads or nappies..*L* I dont like image based bands!!

That's not the Icarus Line, that's Shat, apparently.

The I. L. do have an image though, all black, white, red.

Yeah, Shat were the dildo yielding maniacs! Icarus Line and the Melvins rox0r! And I've only heard one Failure song because its impossible to find their stuff via filesharing, and I dont have cash to buy albums! But by Jesus do I want to hear more!!! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I have Comfort somewhere, I'll dig it up for ye ;)

Thanking ya! :D

Ive noticed ever since a perfect circle covered the nurse who loved me by failure, thier stuff has been easirt to find on kazaa etc. See if you can find small crimes by them, tis the w00tage :D
    Doctor J, Comfort was a cool album, kind of in the same way bleach was a great nirvana album, yet it only hinted at the greatness to come.

Must say, I'm fairly excited about Failure at this point.

• Advertisement

Ive been listening to Failure since about 96, and was just crushed such a talented band never made it. So i made it my lifes work to tell people about them *L*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I picked it up in Tower after the fire back in the mid 90's.

My philiosophy was "You can't go wrong for £1".

So I paid £1 for it. Tis ok, nothing I was ever gonna soil my knickers over.

Yeah, as i said Comfort was a good album, but thier worst one. Everything after comfort was when they really began to shine.

Advertisement