Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transformers type cartoon?

• 25-03-2004 10:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

I remember when I was about 8 all my friends used have cool duvets with Transformers, He Man or Thundercats on them.

I pestered the parents for ages and eventually they got me one. But it was some sort of crappy Transformers clone. I was gutted at the time. I'm just wondering if anyone has a clue what they might have been?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Go-bots

They were actually around in Japan before Transformers, they just didn't have Corporate america behind them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

The Rock Lords were pretty phunky, they were rock-shaped Go-bots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Dave

Was that what they were called. I remember some cartoon about these robot kind things that turned into rocks and rolled down hills. I used to tumble all over the place when I was small pretending I was one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Doctor Funfrock

MASK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Yeah, it was Go-Bots. I had a feeling they were probably pre-Transformers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That little blonde curl on the red scooter used to freak the bejesus out of me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Seamie

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    The Rock Lords were pretty phunky, they were rock-shaped Go-bots.

I had a Rock Lord, but I never got the point of them to be honest. Turning into a car or a jet or a dinosaur was cool, but what the hell could a rock do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

Wasn't there a little gold/yellow Go-Bot called Nugget?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by The Beer Baron
    The Rock Lords were pretty phunky
    Had completely forgotten about them. Have one in the attic somewhere.

Ironically, a lot of the voice actors from The Transformers series, like Peter Cullen and Frank Welker, also did voices on the Go-Bots tv series....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by TCamen
    Wasn't there a little gold/yellow Go-Bot called Nugget?

I still have him here somewhere! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Chada

Possiblely a bit off topic but does anyone remember the centurions ? when i was younger i was mad about them and now they seemed to have vanished without a trace :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Yep, I think so. Weren't these the three guys who got zapped into dangerous situations with all sorts of (excuse the expression :)) strap on weaponry? Special gear for under water missions, or even stuff that basically meant the guy was walking around with a tank strapped to his back. They had a cartoon and action figures. "Power Extreme!" was their... I dunno... "power phrase" or something. A bit like Battle of the Planets characters going "Transmute!"... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Unpossible

hey i remember go-bots, I don't remember rock ones though, just cars & stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Did anyone ever see the Transformer movie with Leonard Nemoy, Orson Wells, et cetera? Apparently after all the great films he directed, that was the last film Orson Wells starred in. To be honest I don't really remember much about now, this thread just sparked the memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

As in Transformers the movie ? I have that on DVD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Seamie

That was a great movie alright. Wasn't Eric Idle in it too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Yeah he was the leader on that junk planet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The Go-Bot toys always felt more clunky and sturdy somehow... it might have been the fact that parts of them were made out of metal.. wow.. I'd forgotten all about metal...

I had the leader of the bad guys Cy-Kill.. he was a motor bike

there were some pretty cool go-bot cartoon episodes.. I remember one where the evil Renegades brought these evil robot ant people in from another dimension to help them... they were from something stupid like the 37th dimension...

Advertisement