Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

let me know what you think !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

David,

They are very nice WebPages but I can’t help but feel I am looking at one of the very many web hosting reseller templates that are available on the internet. I think you have to try and get away from that "cheap hosting" website image that is very widespread at the moment. I don’t know how you are going to do it but you need to completely change your design and come up with something more unique and company focused.
    However I could be wrong, maybe that’s the look you’re going for?
    If you like I can post links to the kind of WebPages I am talking about so you can see the similarities.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,356 ✭✭✭NeVeR

yea i know what you mean.. but thats what people are buying .

Alot of newbie resellers starting out want to get a look of others.

I just made them out of bordem.

If alot of newbie resellers are buying them then maybe you should be thinking ahead to when that fad is going to die out and have something new and interesting ready to replace this look? Also Im sure there are alot of potential hosting resellers out there that would be quite knowledgeable in this area and would be looking for something different to the norm.
    Tbh I think hosting resellers websites (especially the cheap hosting ones) jump right out of the screen and I wouldnt go near them!

umm new design...

any idea on what the new fad might be ?

Im not a webdesigner! I'll leave that one up to you!

But... you really need to remove that glossy, synthetic feel. It might look "pretty" and "professional" (to the "newbie resellers" eye), it just doesnt do it for me.

But if thats what the masses are buying then the best of luck to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

9 : The flash is a bit *bling*. You could take it out and not miss it at all. Perhaps you could get the flash to interact with the navigation a bit? Give it some purpose like.

8 : I like the flash in this one but the rest of the design is too cheesey. Don't like the bevels either - its so hard to use bevels without looking naff.

If you're looking for ideas you should visit. Cool Home Pages

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

I really liked No.9 - the writing on the left panel - beside the picture of the guy needs to be moved down a bit and I didn't like the Latest News button - it looks out of place.

The buttons down the bottom look fine.

waht about this

http://www.davidstokes.com/7/preview.jpg

there are mouseover buttons shown in preview.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Not sure what type of feedback you want on that. ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Originally posted by NeVeR
    waht about this

http://www.davidstokes.com/7/preview.jpg

there are mouseover buttons shown in preview.

simple ok design spoiled by that tiled logo watermark in the background

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

lose the flash, go back to basics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Also I strongly advise you to use this

http://validator.w3.org/

if you haven't already

Advertisement