Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod USB connection???

Options
  • 25-03-2004 10:30pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭

is there anywhere in ireland that i can get a usb connection for my iPod. i got it from the US and i got a firewire connection, but since i don't have one, i'm kind of screwed. i really don't want to have to order it from america, cause it'll take forever. maybe somewhere in dublin. or maybe someone has a spare one that i could buy???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

apple store on kildare street

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Couch Potato

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Why not just buy a Firewire card ? They're not that expensive anymore and will prove useful in the future if you buy a DV camcorder. The USB connection on your PC is probably only a version 1.1 i.e 12Mbps whereas Firewire is 400Mbps - this means a much quicker upload to the iPod.

Tinky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I'd say get a firewire card as well. They're very cheap and stupidly fast.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,187 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

i got the usb connection in a Nokia shop in dublin, as the Apple shop was sold out. damn it's fast. 400 songs in about 2 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

I got an ipod today, and it came from the states too. I didnt realise that Id need a firewire card for the laptop Im using so I'll need to get one as I only have the basic old USB ports.

Wheres good in Dublin to get a cheap firewire card for a dell laptop so I can get some music onto this little baby!?! How much should I be spending?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭subway_ie

Follow this thread I'm nearly sure i saw IPod USB cables on there - I think they were going for either €1 or €9, some great deals on there, just takes awhile to go through everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Maplins!!

Advertisement