Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with contract...

Options
  • 25-03-2004 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I’ve seen one or two threads before on here of people asking for advice and help about setting up doing WebPages and surprisingly enough people actually did help them which is an unusual trait in an industry, fair play.

So my story, I’ve been doing nixers for a while now just a few mates websites etc, but now a medium sized business has approached me and I’ve showed them my portfolio etc and there very happy with it and with the pricing etc. And now there saying to just drop in the contract, like with the pricing on it and stuff like that. I have no experience with contracts so I was wondering does anyone have any standard web page contracts that they can either email me or post up here

Also does anyone know a good solicitor or anything along that lines that could do up customised web page contracts? Not just standard ones like say they want three updates in that year or something like that. I have heard solicitors charge 300Euro Upward per hour :) Don’t think I could justify that cost :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭paulthelegend

Wish i could help you but i dont think you would benifit from my contracts :) there shoddy shoddy workmanship!!! :) if i had to bring a client to court id definitly loose just not solid enough, but hope the other lads helped you out

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Can't remember the URL but there are a couple of sites out there that have templates that can help cover most potential problems.

Just off the top of my head stuff you should cover is

- The pricing (And method of payment... installments or whatever)
    - Overall copyright, intelectual and otherwise

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

firther to damnyanks post, you also need to stipulate what is covered by the contract - you don't want to spend ages doing out something that you initially thought was a 4 page site.

PM me your email address & I'll send you mine.
    K.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭dynamic.ie

Hi,

Maybe checkout this book... http://www.sitepoint.com/books/freelance1/

It's got loads of ready made docs for web design and a neat little contract that you can customise for yourself.

Regards,

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I've been a member of sitepoint for 3 or 4 years now. That book isn't great from what I've heard, and it has a nice big price tag (Somewhere around 200 I think)

The good thing about their books is that they come mainly from articles and forum posts on there site (Modified and improved upon usually, but not always). If you search the forums hard enough I'm sure you'll find what you are looking for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭revolver2k

Hi,

Thanks for all the links and thanks kbannon for the offer,
    i have emailed you my address.

Any other links or emails or information would be gladly accepted :)

thanks again .

Advertisement