Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry Problem

Options
  • 25-03-2004 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭

I bought Far cry today and after i installed it and tried to run it, a window poped up saying:

"CD/DVD emulation software has been detected. please disable all CD/DVD emulation software and restart the game"

Now, i bought the game in a shop (i know its not out till 2moro), its an original and the CD is in the drive, i dont have any such software running on my Pc.

what the hell is going on?

Sean

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

You must have something. Daemon tools, Nero, CloneCD/DVD, Alcohol 120. Just because you don't use the feature in a piece of s/w does not mean it's not there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Does it mean that it has to be running? I have Nero installed but ive checked the processes and nothing is actualy running? ive since used a NO-CD crack and its working fine, but this should not happen, id say there will be alot of angry people when they buy it tomorrow?

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

the incd software that is part of nero cause problems for certain games. Try going to run-> type msconfig , go to the startup tab and disable incd at startup. I had this problem with championship manager 03-04.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

My PC has just the extream basic's when booting, ive checked out all processes using sandra, and nothing seems to be linked to any software of that kind.
    Ive just noticed that on the top part of the window that pops up, it says "CD/DVD not found" (I started the game using the DVD, and tried starting it from Desktop Icon) Could there be any setting on my DVD drive that it would cause it?, its a CD-R/DVD combo drive?

Its such a savage game though, thank god i found the NO-CD Crack.
    But it annoy's me that i have to use it.

Sean

Advertisement