Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Router for clicksilver??

• 26-03-2004 1:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

could anyone suggest a router that works on clicksilver, ive got 3 pcs and a printer i want to share. Ive been looking at the...
    SMC Barricade Broadband Router 8P 10/100 sw.,printserver,backup port
    ...on komplett for 104.06euro

been reading the posting about clicksilver breaking down all the time, eircom seem to always get the last laugh, they are legislated to break their own monoploy by leasing their lines, but allow the leased product to be weaker then their own, ensuing pissed off punters return to their greedy cartel after reading the reviews the likes of quicksilver are getting

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Originally posted by davexy

been reading the posting about clicksilver breaking down all the time, eircom seem to always get the last laugh, they are legislated to break their own monoploy by leasing their lines, but allow the leased product to be weaker then their own, ensuing pissed off punters return to their greedy cartel after reading the reviews the likes of quicksilver are getting

Have you any proof of this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

Originally posted by davexy
    Ive been looking at the...
    SMC Barricade Broadband Router 8P 10/100 sw.,printserver,backup port
    ...on komplett for 104.06euro

Don't forget you'll need a separate DSL ethernet modem with this, as it has no USB connection for the modem supplied by UTV.

Alternatively, you could get an all-in-one box like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

Originally posted by tomk
    Don't forget you'll need a separate DSL ethernet modem with this, as it has no USB connection for the modem supplied by UTV.

Clicksilver will provide an ethernet version of their modem for 30euro

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by tomk

Alternatively, you could get an all-in-one box like this.

The DLink DSL-604+ has a built in "modem" as well, and also provide wireless for slightly less that that Netgear box.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

I would go for the d-link 504 at www.itdirect.ie for €148.10.

Its a pity Komplett doesn't stock this modem, and from experience I've found if elari dont have something in stock you could be waiting weeks. But the itdirect price seems to be ok compared to Peat's €179.00.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by l3rian
    I would go for the d-link 504 at www.itdirect.ie for €148.10.

Its a pity Komplett doesn't stock this modem, and from experience I've found if elari dont have something in stock you could be waiting weeks. But the itdirect price seems to be ok compared to Peat's €179.00.
    The 604 is a 504 with wireless. The 604 costs €25 less than the 504.

Why would you buy the 504 for €148?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

I already have all the wires and onboard lan ready to plug into the 504 and I dont have any wireless recievers which would cost a lot more for the 604.

Originally posted by l3rian
    I already have all the wires and onboard lan ready to plug into the 504 and I dont have any wireless recievers which would cost a lot more for the 604.
    The 604 has the same 4 port switch for wired connections as the 504, so you can just ignore the wireless functionality. The 604+ does everything that the 504 does, as far as I can tell, and supports 802.11b as well.

Actually, Elara have the 504 for €127. I'm not sure why it's €5 more than the 604+.

Advertisement