Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calling all php beardies

Options
  • 26-03-2004 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭

anyone have a half-decent grasp of PHP and willing to help with a project i'm working on? - it's quite unique , only a handful of sites on the same theme exist, and ive got alot of code sorted already, just need a bit of help with a few features I wish to implement.

will be willing to share banner revenue and will credit fully for work done on the page, which has all the possibility of being rather decent .. once the final tweaks are in place.

contact me on irc (irc.quakenet.org, nickname "noog") or e-mail me on simon[at]kicktoy[d.ot]com

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Naming the images according to the users phone number isn't a very good idea from a privacy point of view if the galleries are going to be public. Of course it's ultimately up to the users discretion whether they use the site or not, but - again, assuming the galleries will be public - they might not be aware that visitors could associate pictures with the phone and so the person, and draw conclusions from that. That a married user hangs around in gay clubs for example... Much better to associate the phone number with a unique id and match users, pictures and phone numbers relationally in the database.

Nice idea by the way. Thought of doing it meself a while back, but I didn't think of the email-from-the-phone angle. Silly me. Don't really use the inet functions on my phone enough I guess.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭noog

perhaps I shall use gd to remake the pictures with a different filename on the fly.

I have a few other features that i think are fairly easy to implement but need someone decent at php to help me a little.

Advertisement