Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Deposit Morgages

Options
  • 26-03-2004 9:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭

How low can the percentage of the deposit for a morgage go in ireland? Is there any limit or is it just what the lenders decided?

I know the uk has 100% morgages for the exceedingly desperate, but can you even get a 95% morgage here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

AFAIK most places will only offer 92% to first time buyers - 100% mortgages are generally for business and 'large investors' (read: rich people)

I could be wrong, I've been looking into it all since We (Hubby and I) are looking to buy at the moment and most places seem to offer 92%.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Aye... 92% it is. Although it's possible Bank Of Scotland might offer better, but I don't think so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Ulster Bank offer 100% to certain 'professionals' - doctors, solicitors etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

The banks real criteria is that in reselling the property if you default that they can recoup stamp duty and any downturn in the market.

Advertisement