Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How does that happen ?

Options
  • 26-03-2004 9:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=81190140&p=8yy9x7zx&n=81190749

How could that happen ?

Like I mean, to get caught once can happen to all of us. Get caught twice and it's unfortunate .... get caught three times and things are getting a bit suspicious.

But getting caught six times ?? Don't some people ever learn from their mistakes ?!

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It is also possible that all notices came at once so that the driver didn't have time to adjust their driving habits until it was too late - possible but I doubt it. I assume that they are just stupid.
    Bear in mind that the speeding offences could be for just 1 mph over the limit - we don't know and it could happen to most of us.
    WRT the seat belt offence, I can't believe the amount of dumb eejits out there who still think they will be alright without one in the event of an impact is unreal (this includes our boys in blue).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Pretty much everyone I know (including myself) slowed right the hell down when the points were introduced for speeding. You can take a gamble on the occasional €50 speeding ticket but gathering points would drive insurance way up, and its not like its starting from a reasonable level.

IMO, anyone who drives without a seatbelt should be banned outright. There is just absolutely no justification for it. If I made a small mistake, even at low speed and caused a minor crash, there's every chance it'll be a widow/er sueing me.

Then theres the total morons who sit in the front seats with their belts on while their children are literally running around in the back, or standing happily between the front seats.

They shouldn't be fined or banned, they should be shot.

Originally posted by Gurgle
    Then theres the total morons who sit in the front seats with their belts on while their children are literally running around in the back, or standing happily between the front seats.

They shouldn't be fined or banned, they should be shot.
    "The launch position"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

"Then theres the total morons who sit in the front seats with their belts on while their children are literally running around in the back, or standing happily between the front seats"

Don't get me started on that!!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

Originally posted by ntl Technical
    "Then theres the total morons who sit in the front seats with their belts on while their children are literally running around in the back, or standing happily between the front seats"

Don't get me started on that!!! :mad:

oh....they'll learn eventually........they'll learn when their child is injured (or worse killed)....it'll be a hard lesson, but a deserved one for their idiocy.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by mudflapgirl
    oh....they'll learn eventually........they'll learn when their child is injured (or worse killed)....it'll be a hard lesson, but a deserved one for their idiocy.
    the kid doesn't deserve to die just for having gobshítes as parents

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mudflapgirl

Originally posted by kbannon
    the kid doesn't deserve to die just for having gobshítes as parents

Oh, I know. Not what I meant at all.
    Just commenting on the fact that it's the only way some ppl will learn. No kid deserves to die because their parents are idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by kbannon
    this includes our boys in blue

The're not legally required to wear them when on duty. However from my own observations from the last couple of years, many of them have started to wear them. It's ludicrous to be involved in a high speed chase without wearing the belt. Remember the 2 guards that got killed in a single vehicle accident when following up on a call?

I know they don't (& same applies IIRC to taxi drivers & preggy women) but an exclusion from the law doesn't stop you going head first through the windscreen.
    Of all people the gardai should know what the scene of an RTA looks like and should be aware of the potential fatalities that could arise by not wearing the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Originally posted by Banjo013
    http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=81190140&p=8yy9x7zx&n=81190749

How could that happen ?

Like I mean, to get caught once can happen to all of us. Get caught twice and it's unfortunate .... get caught three times and things are getting a bit suspicious.

But getting caught six times ?? Don't some people ever learn from their mistakes ?!

It's a well known fact that culchies are lunatics behind the wheel. For that reason if I see one come up behind me at speed on the N4 I get the glaven out of his way. Then I quite look forward to seeing him pulled over by the fuzz (ouch) but sadly that nearly never happens. sigh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

wasn't there a story in the paper a few months back about some bookies closing the book on where the first driver to be banned was from? Something along those lines anyhow. Stoopid fcuking bookies for taking the bet. Do they not have any code of ethics? Fancy taking a bet on the likelihood of someone going postal in a bookies???

The best way to encourage good driving: replace steering wheel airbags in cars with a sharp metal spike. Facing the driver. See how many of them will take chances then :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

on the bus to dublin a few months ago, i saw the guards stopping people. this guy in the lane next to us, puts on his seatbelt while aproaching the guards, then actually goes to the bother of taking it OFF after he passed them. idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭Kermitt

the trouble is people are too flippant about driving in this country, i've had a few close calls that scared the **** out of me and drive slower now, but speed isnt the issue, its driver training and attitudes of invincibility in young fellas with more money than sense....gob****es.......(i'm 20 by the way.....and a cultchie)

Advertisement