Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo fighters

Options
  • 26-03-2004 2:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭

Whats the storey with the Foo Fighters are they retiring or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭reigninblood

Hope so. Maybe Grohl will put together a decent band then. They just make radio friendly american happy happy isnt capitalism great songs. So uninspiring. Dave Grohl is one of the most talented musicians there is but he belongs behind the drums. Get back there Dave and get a band together that has a pair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭loismustdie

i can't see why they would? where did you hear this? true dave grohl is a drummer at heart but foofighter's not a bad band even if the music is easy to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭NightStrike

Just on a sidenote did anyone get that Probot thing he did? What did you think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Originally posted by reigninblood
    Dave Grohl belongs behind the drums. Get back there Dave and get a band together that has a pair.
    bingo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Gudponey, is this just a response to Dave Grohl having released the Probot album?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Dave Grohl is a great guirarist,vocalist,drummer and an all round legend.

it's a fact so this comment isnt open to opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

I think Foo Fighters is Grohl's money maker. Straight up rock Anthems that are all very Radio Friendly. He has said it himself that FF's arent playing the stuff he listens to regularly. Thats why hes done Probot

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭gudpony

He was on Mtv Gonzo sayin dat all dey band members are going seperate ways to set up bands on there own. so i dono. David G is a legend no matter what he is playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

How could you really tell it was him? The camera never stops moving on that freakin program, and people cant get a word in without Zane blathering on about complete toss.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

the foo fighters are a fecking great band, one of the best live bands around, not many other bands put on a better show

as far as i know they have temporarily split to work on other projects such as probot which imo is a really good album

but im sure they will be back in a year or two

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭lofto

just heard that they split up..... grohl has gone off doing other things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

well they seem to have a couple of gigs left to play yet

http://www.foofighters.com/tour/index.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

Originally posted by reigninblood
    Hope so. Maybe Grohl will put together a decent band then. They just make radio friendly american happy happy isnt capitalism great songs. So uninspiring. Dave Grohl is one of the most talented musicians there is but he belongs behind the drums. Get back there Dave and get a band together that has a pair.

I agree with most of this, I told my gf about the whole pop rock thing and see nearly hung up the phone, aw well theres hope for her yet im lending her mer de nom tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

Foo Fighters are a fookin brilliant band, Dave Grohl is a legend and if you haven't heard the Probot album i suggest you go now..right now and get it cos it rocks.

foo fighters will never stop rockin ..they will live on .. in the hearts of rockers everywhere in the face of every child

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

does anyone else see Dr. Dodger holding up devil horn fingers as he cries aloud??

i think theyre a good band, although their last album wasnt the best at all... good but not as good as their first two (havent really heard the other one....)

im trying to get my hands on probot, im interested to hear it. If they are breaking up, im glad i got to see them in the point first :)

he is probably one of, no THE greatest drummer going.... you dont even have to touch Nirvana to hear that, just listen to Songs For The Deaf.... mind-blowing work!

Flogen

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

I have to say i love all the Foo's albums, the last album; One by One, has some crackin tracks on it, Low, times like these, Come back etc..brilliant.

live they are the fookin nuts, if anyone was at the Olympia gig a couple of years ago they'll know, one of the best gigs i ever attended, there was a moment when Dave Grohl and Taylor had a little drum off, two sets of drums - two outstanding drummers.
    Everybody in the croud was just standing in awe,

Then dave grohl climbs up to the balcony section and just starts walking on the outside of the balcony right above the croud,

it were proper bo!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

That was a hell of a gig! Best one of their's I've been at. Especially the start with all the drumming. Only had a seating ticket. Still the best though...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah foo fighters are a quality band prob one of my favourites.

They aren't breaking each member is just gonna go off and do a side project.It happens with alot of bands with members doing their own stuff before returning to the band so I wouldnt get too worried about them breaking up.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

speaking of side projects has anyone heard dave grohls Probot album? everyone i know thinks its a completely new band but its more of a collection of collaborations. Highlights include Red War with max cavalera. The brazilian wonder! is there anything he cant do?

Advertisement