Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a new phone before an upgrade

• 26-03-2004 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

I know this is probably a stupid question - but I just wanted to check.

I'm on bill pay with Vodafone and got an upgrade about 6 months ago which I used. I'm probably not going to get another one for another 9 months or so. My question is, if I wanted to buy a new phone from Vodafone before my next upgrade, can I ?

I presume that the answer is yes - but at the normal retail price for the handset and not the Vodafone discounted price.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

If you want to get the second phone at the subsidised price, you would need to open a new number. You can do this on your existing account easiy enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭PhoenixRising

If I did that, would I not have to pay for two monthly rentals in each bill ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭halkar

You can buy phones at retail prices any time, be carefull with the upgrades and discounts as anytime you get an upgrade or discounted phone, you will be signing for another 12 months of commitment with them. This makes difficult to move to another provider :)

Advertisement