Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Joke In The World ...

• 26-03-2004 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his cellphone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Boffins release 'world's best joke'

SCIENTISTS in Britain unveiled the world's funniest joke today at the end of the largest study of humour ever.

Scientists in Britain unveiled the world's funniest joke today at the end of the largest study of humour ever.

For the past year, people around the globe were invited to judge jokes using a five-point "Giggleometer" on the internet, as well as to contribute quips of their own.

The LaughLab experiment conducted by psychologist Richard Wiseman, from the University of Hertfordshire, attracted more than 40,000 jokes and almost two million ratings.

As well as identifying the joke that appealed most to people around the world, the experiment - not surprisingly - revealed wide humour differences between nations.

Scans conducted on people being told jokes also identified the brain's laughter centre - a region near the back of the frontal lobes.

The joke that received the highest global ratings was submitted by psychiatrist Gurpal Gosall from Manchester in northern England.

Here it is:

Two hunters are out in the woods when one of them collapses. He doesn't seem to be breathing and his eyes are glazed. The other guy whips out his cellphone and calls the emergency services. He gasps: "My friend is dead! What can I do?" The operator says: "Calm down, I can help. First, let's make sure he's dead."

There is a silence, then a shot is heard. Back on the phone, the guy says: "OK, now what?"

"Many of the jokes submitted received higher ratings from certain groups of people," Wiseman said. "But this one had real universal appeal."

Agence France-Presse

http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,5220974%5E1702,00.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

haha pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Personnally I think the whole idea is funnier than the joke itself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

man, who would seriously bother with such a stupid experiment :dunno:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

first time around it is a kinda funny joke, but it wears off, especially this day in age, i would of thought the chicken with the whole crossin the road thing mite have been voted funnier!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement