Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Request] US Shipping

• 26-03-2004 5:59pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I remember hearing ages ago that there was companies in the US you could have stuff shipped to to get forwarded on to here. Reason I'm asking is that I want to get a new cd player for the car and prices here are ridiculous compared to over there (like most things !) and none of the cheap sites seem to ship here

Thanks,
    Steve

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi Steve

Try this My us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

You do realised that there is a possibility of the goods being charged customs and VAT. Only the first 45E is not charged if I'm not mistaken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Nothing seems to get through any more. You are highly likely to get hammered for customs. So add 25% at least to the price you'll be getting. It has to be worth it because if anything goes wrong with the goods it's a nightmare to get sorted. There's a lot to be said for being able to go back to the shop where you bought something and get it fixed.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Myus seems a bit expensive unles you're going to use it a lot and I suppose with customs and other risks I'll be better off just getting one here. Thanks anyway everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭livEwirE

Ìf you're looking for a cool cd player check this site out m8! www.incarexpress.co.uk

I bought a Pioneer DP3500 MP3/CD player for my car from them for around €205 inc delivery. I checked here in ripoff Ireland and it was €329!!!

Great site, awesome piece of kit and excellent service!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Oddly enough I was just looking at that exact site when I got the "A reply has been made to you...." message. Prices definitly seem a lot lower than here generally about 30%. Nice to hear that somebody has used them without problems though, thanks

Advertisement