Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Dealers Suck!

Options
  • 26-03-2004 6:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

What is it with franchise dealers? They really dont give a **** do they? Today I popped in to get a price for a brakebrake cable, was told there are 3 parts left wheel right wheel and the cable from the handle. Was'nt sure which I needed so after work I checked.

Right wheel.

Okay its 4 pm, plenty of time I think. Drive home and pick up the phone and call Tom Murphy, Merc dealer for Waterford City.

"Can I speak to the Mercedes part desk?"

"Sorry they're closed until Monday"

AGGGGGGHHHH! :mad: Its 4.30 pm not 4.30 am. Do these ppl want my business?

Yes in retrospect I should have used directory inquiries and phone with my mobile at 4... but dammit I don't expect a professional company to have shut up shop at such an hour on any day of the working week.

Mike.

*I'm calmer now* :ninja:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Whilst annoying, I think you shouldn't be too surprised that there are certain days of the week when certain businesses close early.

Guarantee you that the same parts desk opens early morning every other day of the week to accomodate customers so the hours balance out. Bet you'd have been thrilled if it was a Monday morning and you wanted to get your part at 8am and you'd be singing their praises.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Don't know what the story is with other manufacturers but I know it is possible to get a CD of all the parts for BMW (ETK CD) which lists all the parts for the various models.
    When i need a part, I get the number and email the dealer(s) for the price.

Advertisement