Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEDR Relaxing Registration Policies

Options
  • 26-03-2004 6:43pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Just received this notice, haven't had time to digest it yet. On the face of it though, it looks good, although I think there should be a further price drop in line with the new procedures, since they will require less work on the part of the registry.

A full synopsis of the new registration policy was attached, I've made it available here. As an IE reseller I'd be interested in the feedback of posters to this board. I'm sure my colleagues would too.

adam
    Dear IE Reseller,

We are very pleased to announce that we will shortly be introducing simplified requirements for registration, while also relaxing some of our present policy restrictions.

The purpose of these changes is to reduce the necessity for supporting documentation when making applications and modifications.

The relaxation of some of the restrictions to our policies will facilitate wider variations on the types of domains which will be available for registration. A synopsis of the requirement and policy changes have been included below for your attention.

In parallel with the announcement of these changes, we will be launching a newly designed website. This new website should improve overall accessibility and navigation for our customers, although please note that there will be no change to the functionality of the online registration and modification systems.

We would also like to make all IE Resellers aware of the improved functionality of our online systems.
    The admin, tech and billing contacts listed on a domain can now modify their nameservers without the need for submitting a signed authorisation fax.
    By using the new Reseller Console you can also:
    - View previous invoices back to April 2003.
    - View and download reports on .ie renewal dates, suspension / deletion status, transfers and current applications.

The following documents have been included below for your review.

1. Objectives of the review
    2. Scope of the review
    3. Executive Summary
    4. Synopsis of the changes to the Registration requirements
    5. Synopsis of the changes to the Registration Policy
    6. Complete text of 4 above
    7. Complete text of 5 above

We would appreciate your feedback to hostmasterATiedrDOTie regarding the changes to the rules and requirements, particularly if you have any objections to these changes, by Friday 02nd April 2004. As part of your feedback, please could you provide us with some indication of the time you will require to update your links / bookmarks, bearing in mind that there will be no change to the online registration / modification systems.

We will co-ordinate the responses and contact you after the 02nd April with a summary of the feedback received and a definitive implementation date for these changes.

Yours Faithfully,
    IE Domain Registry Ltd.

Note: Due to the current Postal Strike this notice will be sent by e-mail only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

This sounds good Adam.

I must now read the word document.

Thanks for posting it, (I miss the webhosting forum)
    Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭buddy

Has anyone ever registered a personal name?

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Originally posted by buddy
    Has anyone ever registered a personal name?

Me

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ok I have read the document.

Now remember I'm not a compny or a registered business.

The policy for a Personal Name is still very backward.

My last name is beening squited on I would like to have bought it my self and I would have given other people who share my last name an e-mail addresss if they wanted it.

Instead I bought my initials with two numbers of my choice as I did not have an RBN. (see my profile)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Personal Name:
    A copy of the applicants passport, driving license or birth certificate is required. Applicants applying under this category can register only their initials with a number of their choice e.g. John Citizen can apply to register jc1.ie.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now I like my domain name and I would buy my last name as well if I could but I can't.

The IEDR will always give a domain name to a big company no matter what .-.

But I don't want them to make it too easy either.

~~~~
    Eoin

Advertisement