Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

U will all be jealous

• 26-03-2004 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭

Im just back from Denmar, well Aalborg to be exact. I was staying in a hotel over there and I was buying wireless broadband for 50Kr (€8) For this small amount I could download 10GB's. Whats worse is that it was 2MBit. Amazing connection. For the home user over there they can get 4Mbit 12:1 contention for a sparse 350Kr (I think thats about €45. Also that is uncapped. I was amazed. Just to show you I am serious check out the screen dump I made. Over 200KBps, Amazing to use this on Kazaa and irc. Here is the screen dump. Just shows how far behind me are. The slowest you can get is 1MBit at 24:1 contention.

Let me know what you think

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pffff .. in Sweden you can get 100Mb resedential but there is a 300GB monthly cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭lifebook

oh great, "a mine is bigger than yours" Well what I was stating and if you READ the post my point was how backward Ireland is not how far ahead Sweden is. But still thanks for the info

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Taking into account the contention ratio, then about a year ago all the residential ADSL connections in this country could probably have been run off a single 100Mb pipe. :(

c.f. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135660&highlight=viggen

Advertisement