Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[ Mod News ] Battlefield 1918 Release!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

300 megs ouch anyone want to burn me a disc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Ah bless BF mods; bloatware at it's finest ;) Downloading the mod now, should be an interesting change of pace from usual BF mods. I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

It's not bad.. only two maps seem to work with it though. The classes are all a bit samey, the machinegun is really naff - the reticle takes an age to compress to the stage where you can hit anything, even while prone. vs all the railgunning infantrymen it doesn't cut it. :)

I like the artillery piece you can push around though. Oh and the planes are really poo, and the zeppllin looks cool.

Teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ill probably get it next time I bring my PC to my m8s house, use his lovely 1meg ADSL to the fullest :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by Dr_Teeth
    It's not bad.. only two maps seem to work with it though. The classes are all a bit samey, the machinegun is really naff - the reticle takes an age to compress to the stage where you can hit anything, even while prone. vs all the railgunning infantrymen it doesn't cut it. :)

I like the artillery piece you can push around though. Oh and the planes are really poo, and the zeppllin looks cool.

Teeth.
    Aw man, this is the first time I've played BF in ages now, and I love it to bits. The tanks I know are old tanks and therefore slow, but could do with alittle speeding up. I expect more weapons in further releases, and yeah, the MGs reticles take too long to shrink.

I disagree about the places, they are actually devestating if you know how; only the tanks aren't damaged by the plane MG fire (that's early vehicle armour for you); and once you get used to it, are a joy to fly. Pwned a couple of games from the air on the official server with the French Spad fighter.

This mod comes highly recommended; I didn't think trench warfare would work in BF,. but it does and makes for exciting maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

played it today, and its fantastic mod, the weapons are really excellent, now i know motors werent highly devolped then but i do agree the tanks show be allowed go a little faster ,all in all a fantastic games with lots of room for more excellent development. however the mod being only 2 single player levels is a bit of a let down, i wanted more levels:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Was wondering has anyone got the Galactic Conquest mod installed? and is it any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Was wondering has anyone got the Galactic Conquest mod installed? and is it any use?

Should be able to find more on Galactic Conquest on this thread about Galactic Conquest. Try to keep on topic with threads, a search [see search box down the bottom of the forum page] should find you any thread your looking for.

Advertisement