Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ps1 and ps2 chipping

Options
  • 26-03-2004 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

The web is full of sites offering playstation modchips and chipping services but does anyone know of any good Irish sites offering the same?
    We seem to be a bit behind the times when it comes to these types of online services.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

The only one I've seen is:
    [url]http://www.geocities.com/ps2chipsireland/[/url]

I wouldn't trust someone running a business from a geocities account, but you can make up your own mind.

Disclaimer - I've never used the above service, or I don't plan on using it. I'm not vouching for the service either. Caveat emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 nippy

Ya, see what you mean and there's better chips out there than duo and magic. I'll stick to doing the job myself, we really don't have a whole lot of choice do we.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

check my site m8 upmanu.com..based in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Originally posted by ChipZilla
    The only one I've seen is:

[url]http://www.geocities.com/ps2chipsireland/[/url]

I wouldn't trust someone running a business from a geocities account, but you can make up your own mind.

Disclaimer - I've never used the above service, or I don't plan on using it. I'm not vouching for the service either. Caveat emptor.

I run that service BTW. I am based in Cork. I didnt really see the point of getting a domain, as the geocities thing works away fine :cool:

Duo, MagicV, messiah2 all do exactly the same thing. no difference in operation between them. just stay clear of Magic 3.1!

Lots of happy customers. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

The geocities address wouldn't inspire me with confidence, but if you like it, fair enough. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

...and thankyou darkmaster2, i'm halfway through installing a Magic 3.1 in a SCPH30003 model PS2.

So what exactly is wrong with it? Is there issues with certain models or is this just an unreliable chip?

Might as well get it sorted now while i have this thing stripped down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

Originally posted by Ebonyks
    ...and thankyou darkmaster2, i'm halfway through installing a Magic 3.1 in a SCPH30003 model PS2.

So what exactly is wrong with it? Is there issues with certain models or is this just an unreliable chip?

Might as well get it sorted now while i have this thing stripped down.

Hi Ebonkys,
    A magic 3.1 is fine in a 30003, it just has some game compatibility problems with later PS2 models and some games. Other than that its not a BAD chip. But it is out of date and there are better chips now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭kmb

Hi Ebonyks,I can vouch for darkmaster2 expertise as he did one for me and my friends with no problems overnight.Listen to this guy as he really knows his stuff!!

regards kieran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

You can get an easy option to Chip you PS2 Via a Lid that clips onto the PS2 and acts as a chip... My mate got one details I dunno but he got it in Jonesborough market in Armagh 6 miles north of Dundalk on Sundays... They Chip them both PS1 and PS2 and Xbox on the spot...A lot of Dodgy gear and Copied Games and DVD's up there but they know how to chip Consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

got mine done by a boards user (mfield if you're interested) did a fine job of mine, never had a problem with it at all.

heard about Jonesborough alright, the g/f's brother was up there a while back telling me to get my ps2 done there instead of locally. said they were charging about 35 quid, but usually when things seem too good to be true they are, so i left well alone. can't imagine what they'd be doing to it for 35 quid, consideirng the actual cost of a decent modchip.

might be worth having a look up there for the games though, and other stuff. by all accounts he said there were a few good bargains up there, but like i say, you do get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Dman_15

http://www.modchipstore.com/

I got my Magic V there and postage is only $7

Advertisement