Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor add Nokia 6600 and 6820 handsts

Options
  • 26-03-2004 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Just noticed Meteor added the Nokia 6600 (Symbian Sereis 60) and 6820 (Flip keypad/keyboard) handsets to their line-up. Looks like they beat O2 and Vodafone on the roll out and support of WAP 2.0 handsets...

Meteor Handsets

BrianG

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just wondering if i bought it as pay as you go could i unlock it easily enough.

i'm a newbie when it comes to phones

i was talking about the 6600 btw

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

well you can pick it up for around Eur 450 SIM Free delivered from the UK (e.g. LiveTelecoms so not sure it would be worth it paying Meteor Eur 500 for it unless you were going to stay on network and use the Eur 80 credit included...

but should be easy enough to unlock...

BrianG

hmm well considering i have a sim card that can't connect to wap on a 5210 i'll think it dish out the 500 and get the credit.

meteor are good on coverage now aren't they?
    no problems around dublin wicklow area?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Apparently meteor upgraded to 87% ceoverage there a while back which would probably explain the upgrading of thier phones too.
    what you could do is buy the phone from here and it works out and about 460 euro but ass on p&p and itll prolly be around 500 but you get it network unlocked,no free credit tho :/

lol i always do this, i want it but don't have the money i'll have the money in the summer time i think i don't mind changing my number and the 80 euros credit sweetens the deal i suppose.

for that phone do i need a bluetooth dongle. what exactly can i transfer over (pictures, ringtons midi's?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Got a 6600 myself a few weeks ago. Yeah, you'll need either infrared or bluetooth. You can pretty much transfer anything across. A great boon is transferring MIDI files which you can use as your ringtone.

THe adapter I got was a D-link DBT-120 from www.microaid.ie - just a little over 40 euro delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

I would get this phone for €289 on bill with the 200 minutes a month offer if only they would extend their free text offer to bill customers.
    Originally posted by Cr3m0
    i think i don't mind changing my number

You can transfer to Meteor and keep you existing number.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Good to see Meteor taking the lead on something. Hopefully the other two will follow soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

at last, someone that can actually accomadate the 6600. how long have we been waiting now?! 5/6 months since we first heard about it?

steep price although im definately getting it, money no issue when o2 or vodafone release it. will hang on until they do to see if it's any cheaper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

I have the 6600 on O2 at the moment and it does everything I need it to - email and web no problem. Great phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement