Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crappy Download Speeds

• 26-03-2004 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭

I don't know about the rest of you but at certain times my downlaod speeds are going to ****(on IOL btw). Ever since the new 16GB cap was brought in I have noticed a drop in the quality of service. It seems between 7:30 and 11:00 the speeds are suffering so it looks like a contention issue with people trying to take advantage of there bigger caps when they get home from work. The ratio was supposed to be halfed but was it??? Is there any tests that can be carried out to determine this or do we have to take the word of ISP's. If this sh!t continues much longer I say we bombard our ISP's with phone calls and e-mails to make them do something about it. Threaten cancellation and tell them to shove their contracts up their asses.

Comments

Ive noticed no problems. I'm on the same package. Could be just your exchange though.

Download a file from http://ftp.heanet.ie you should get your maximum speed all the time from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh im an iol bb customer for about 3 months now and its been the worst mistake of my life.crappy speeds expecially since the new "upgrade" package

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Originally posted by Davey Devil
    I don't know about the rest of you but at certain times my downlaod speeds are going to ****(on IOL btw). Ever since the new 16GB cap was brought in I have noticed a drop in the quality of service. It seems between 7:30 and 11:00 the speeds are suffering so it looks like a contention issue with people trying to take advantage of there bigger caps when they get home from work. The ratio was supposed to be halfed but was it??? Is there any tests that can be carried out to determine this or do we have to take the word of ISP's. If this sh!t continues much longer I say we bombard our ISP's with phone calls and e-mails to make them do something about it. Threaten cancellation and tell them to shove their contracts up their asses.

I agree...this is also happening to me!
    It starts around 4pm and continues through the evening...up until the early hours.
    It's only then i see the normal speeds i usually get.

This problem was NOT an issue prior to last Thursday and the IOLBB sever screwup.
    I called technical support again today about this issue, i think it could be that the new hardware put in place is not properly tweaked.

I do hope people who experience this problem will complain until action is taken!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Same problem, on the Nutley exchange myself. I seriously doubt we are on 24:1 either.

Advertisement