Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Metroid

Options
  • 26-03-2004 11:56pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Just finished this game and I have to say that anyone with the slightest interest in games owes it to themselves to play this brilliant game. Its just full of Nintendo magic, take a simple game idea and turn it into something very special. With a game with no narrative except at the start and absolutely no character interaction its amazing just how atmospheric it is. There is even a decent enough story. The feeling of isolation is chilling, at times the suspense is unbearable (when am I going to fight Ridley!) and it has one of the scariest moments ever in gaming. The surprise ending is also very good. The soundtrack is fantastic. I've played many games like this before but none come close. Metroid Fusion led you by the hand too much and Castlevania SOTN felt a little disjointed.

Everyone should play this game. Even people with little patience or people like praetorian (if you made a level of his back garden with the half-life engine praetorian would be lost within 2 minutes and lets not get into his map reading skills). Its already earned a very high place on my top 10 list.

See you next mission!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

cool, strangely i never heard of this during the snes days, but after metroid prime i came across some positive comments about this game
    i haven't got round to playing it yet, but i will in the coming months
    splinter cell for me now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Very good game parts of it took me ages to get past, I till haven't done it in less than three hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Its already earned a very high place on my top 10 list.
    number one for me:)
    Originally posted by D
    Very good game parts of it took me ages to get past, I till haven't done it in less than three hours.
    yeah, i'm tempted to try a speed run in one sitting... think i'll wait until i get a gc joypad adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭Len_007

I remember the game back in my Snes days, but never bought it. But I consider Prime to be one of the best games I've ever played, and have never played a game like it. Probably coz I never played any of the originals, which I think I need to do

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I really want to get a snes and play this... just completed zero mission for the 3rd time (in 2hr 14 mins!) and i want more metroid! must also finish prime and fusion...

• Advertisement

finish prime first tbh, the 85% items + ending is one of the most beautiful gaming moments ever.

my copy of the game seems to be borked, it only goes up as far as 99% items & scans:(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get an emulator rainbow kirby. Thats what I played it on. Winzsnes runs it perfectly. Also new the Game brand USB pad isn't bad at all and is good for snes games.
    finish prime first tbh, the 85% items + ending is one of the most beautiful gaming moments ever.

I got 76% and the ending was crap. Grrr, have to get it back off praetorian. I was wondering why the ending was so dissappointing when it is usually great for the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

If any one wants I have a clip of a gamer going through the last 15 mins of the game an getting 100% in 1hr34mins. Shows the ending aswell. Have no idea how i'd be able to get it to anyone thoughas I have hotmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

When I had this game I played it 4 times in one day, trying to get 100%. I did it in 1:45 with 100% before I went to bed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

• Advertisement

ignore this:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Get an emulator rainbow kirby. Thats what I played it on. Winzsnes runs it perfectly.

Zsnes is yer man, none of this winzsnes

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Winzsnes is the windows version. Its better than the dos version. It has high res mode 7 and gorgeous edge enhancements in the super eagle modes. It makes the games look far better than on the snes. Give it a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

all this talk of metroid made me realise i havent finished it yet.....looks like my study month off college will be filled with metroid goodness!!

Excellent....:D

Advertisement